Life Modelling. Would you, could you, have you? Watch

Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Through a friend of a friend, I’ve been asked if I would be a life model for a drawing or painting class.

Now, whilst I’ve no issue being naked in a sauna or on the right beach, I wouldn’t class myself as being a nudist and so being drawn (possibly in quite a lot of detail! 😳) by people who will presumably be quite local to me (the class is within a couple of miles where I live) and having pics of me on their walls etc is another level.

I feel like I should do it for the experience but I don’t know anyone who has done this and so just wandered if anyone had any tips or guidance they could offer?

Thanks
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean, 'for the experience'?

Is life modelling something you want to do in the future? If not, then I can't see how it will be useful experience in any way whatsoever.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)

Is life modelling something you want to do in the future? If not, then I can't see how it will be useful experience in any way whatsoever.
Experience doesn't have to add to work value for it to be a good experience.

Go for it OP. It could be liberating and give you lots of self confidence. All power to you.
Bex94
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)

(Original post by Anonymous)
Experience doesn't have to add to work value for it to be a good experience.

Go for it OP. It could be liberating and give you lots of self confidence. All power to you.
It’s this 👆really. You’re right as it isn’t anything to do with my job but I think I’d be quite proud of myself and feel Uber confident if I can convince myself to do this.
djwalla69
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
absolutly, i really enjoy it
Bex94
Rep:
?
(Original post by djwalla69)
absolutly, i really enjoy it
I’ll assume you just like to perv on naked people then!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I've done it. But I got paid. Not a huge amount, they're art students after all, but at the end of the 2 hour class the teacher gave me £40. Which is basically a quid for every 3 minutes of nudity. All in all not bad.
It was actually quite entertaining because the reactions began like "OMG naked girl!!!" and by the end there was a dude who broke his canvas in half and another 2 who snapped their pencils while everyone else looked vaguely distraught as they all gradually realised how hard it was to do accurate shading on a naked body. And they all took turns asking me questions to make sure I wasn't bored while posing, which was a new experience.
I only did it because the person who was meant to bailed at the last sec, but I'm not like super confident in my body and it... actually kind of helped. The biggest problem was the complete lack of heating, but it was early September so it could have been worse.
djwalla69
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bex94)
I’ll assume you just like to perv on naked people then!
NO im a life model
frogglet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sounds like a clear no. were you already thinking of this and hoping to do this, did you just need a little nugdge/enthusiasm to help you to see your dream? I don't think so. you sound like you have all the reasons why you don't want to do it. and the only reasons why you do - because someone asked you? not a good reason, you don't owe them anything. and for "experience?" what does that even mean? not every experience is worth having. you've got to use your judgement and intuition and think of how you would feel in a given situation. it's not something I should have to explain, you seem very naive and unsure of yourself. you sound concerned about being close to these people and them looking at you and having you on their walls (we are also in the internet age my dear, so I hope you mean facebook walls as well). if you want to know if it's something you might like then how about get a good friend or two to draw you naked and see how you feel, and tell them that if you feel uncomfortable you would like to have the drawings back.
frogglet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've done it.
ok this sounds like a good experience and very funny, somebody broke their canvas?? pencils kept snapping? sounds very tense, like they were too taken aback by your beauty to concentrate. must have been a big compliment to get people that worked up.
Khalid_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry but this is disgusting and should be stopped.
Kinyonga
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely an interesting experience, and I see nothing wrong with it - it's modelling for art, after all, not, you know, anything else.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i would be happy to oblige. the artists would need a very large canvas tho', nomsayin' :smug:
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bex94)
Through a friend of a friend, I’ve been asked if I would be a life model for a drawing or painting class.

Now, whilst I’ve no issue being naked in a sauna or on the right beach, I wouldn’t class myself as being a nudist and so being drawn (possibly in quite a lot of detail! 😳) by people who will presumably be quite local to me (the class is within a couple of miles where I live) and having pics of me on their walls etc is another level.

I feel like I should do it for the experience but I don’t know anyone who has done this and so just wandered if anyone had any tips or guidance they could offer?

Thanks
Yeah I'd consider it. I've got nothing to be ashamed of.
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do it
Burkini Man
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd take off my headscarf for that :rofl:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by snugglebear)
ok this sounds like a good experience and very funny, somebody broke their canvas?? pencils kept snapping? sounds very tense, like they were too taken aback by your beauty to concentrate. must have been a big compliment to get people that worked up.
ASDFGHJKL. It was a good experience. And funny looking back. It started off awkward but I'd done some modelling before so at least they didn't need to tell me how to pose or anything. It was actually very respectful and everyone was very sweet. I think everyone in the room was blushing to begin with and then it got less and less weird as everyone sort of adjusted. The canvas thing was that one guy got so frustrated with shading he decided to start over on a new canvas, slammed the new one on the desk, and somehow broke the wooden frame thingy that made it square just from the force he put it down with. I was trying so hard not to laugh. And I have like scars and a navel piercing and a tattoo and 2 people snapped their pencils because they were clutching them so tight out of sheer frustration. The tattoo is pretty detailed, too, so that probably didn't make it much easier lol. They were all really good about it, though. I came in wearing just a dress with a tie front and when I took it off a guy whistled and the professor gave everyone a speech about respect and kicked the guy out so it was all very respectful.
The only drawback? My bf at the time (who actually suggested I do it) had a friend in the class who gifted their finished sketch to him and we've since broken up so now my ex just sort of... has that.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I've done it. But I got paid. Not a huge amount, they're art students after all, but at the end of the 2 hour class the teacher gave me £40. Which is basically a quid for every 3 minutes of nudity. All in all not bad.
It was actually quite entertaining because the reactions began like "OMG naked girl!!!" and by the end there was a dude who broke his canvas in half and another 2 who snapped their pencils while everyone else looked vaguely distraught as they all gradually realised how hard it was to do accurate shading on a naked body. And they all took turns asking me questions to make sure I wasn't bored while posing, which was a new experience.
I only did it because the person who was meant to bailed at the last sec, but I'm not like super confident in my body and it... actually kind of helped. The biggest problem was the complete lack of heating, but it was early September so it could have been worse.
Having done it too I agree with the lack of heating issue, even more the time I did it in November. I did it for a 6th form class at a boys' school too so also had the "OMG naked girl" thing and lots of grins...as well as quite a few who weren't in the class trying to get a look!

Also might just be me but holding a pose isn't easy and it's important to agree a pose which is reasonably comfy for the length of time you have to hold it. For me it took a bit of pysching up to do it the first time but when you're into the pose and naked in front of the group it becomes quite fun I found but maybe I'm weird haha.
username3883544
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would find it difficult to be still for the period of time that is required. The age of the people in the class might be a factor, as the person who posed for a sixth form mentioned.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bex94)
I feel like I should do it for the experience
I thought I recognised your username.

Given you started with thongs, then topless, it seems full nude would be the natural progression.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (75)
73.53%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
14.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (12)
11.76%

Watched Threads