Confused about whether or not I need to send more evidence.

Watch
artbyrmc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am studying a certificate of higher education with the open university. I applied for a tuition fee loan and I am a little bit confused about the evidence I need to send into sfe.

When I log into my account to see how my application for a tuition fee loan is going it says "We need proof you're studying a distance learning course due to your disability, mental-health condition, long-term health condition or specific learning difficulties"

The drop-down box gives an option of sending in a needs assessment report or I can't provide any evidence from the list above. When I select I can't provide any evidence it tells me to call sfe.

I called and the person on the phone couldn't understand what was going on as I am only applying for a tuition fee loan and nothing else, so he said he would remove the request for evidence from my account, which he did, but after a few days, it reappeared on my account.

I then messaged sfe via facebook and explained everything to them and she sent me this
" we haven't received any evidence from you as of yet. If you are not applying for DSA then you can disregard the message on your account as it will not impact your application for student finance as DSA is a separate element.
Maintenance loan:
Open University students are eligible for a tuition fee loan only. However new students who are studying a distance learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part-time maintenance loan. Evidence will be required to prove the student is unable to attend due to a disability for us to award this to them."

But I'm didn't apply for a maintenance loan or DSA just the tuition fee loan and the main reason I didn't apply for the maintenance loan or dsa is that it is so difficult to get evidence from my GP, they don't even sign forms anymore.

Do I actually need to send this evidence if I don't wish to claim dsa the maintenance loan and what should I do next?

Sorry for the long post and thank for taking the time to read it.
SFE Holly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by artbyrmc)
Hi,

I am studying a certificate of higher education with the open university. I applied for a tuition fee loan and I am a little bit confused about the evidence I need to send into sfe.

When I log into my account to see how my application for a tuition fee loan is going it says "We need proof you're studying a distance learning course due to your disability, mental-health condition, long-term health condition or specific learning difficulties"

The drop-down box gives an option of sending in a needs assessment report or I can't provide any evidence from the list above. When I select I can't provide any evidence it tells me to call sfe.

I called and the person on the phone couldn't understand what was going on as I am only applying for a tuition fee loan and nothing else, so he said he would remove the request for evidence from my account, which he did, but after a few days, it reappeared on my account.

I then messaged sfe via facebook and explained everything to them and she sent me this
" we haven't received any evidence from you as of yet. If you are not applying for DSA then you can disregard the message on your account as it will not impact your application for student finance as DSA is a separate element.
Maintenance loan:
Open University students are eligible for a tuition fee loan only. However new students who are studying a distance learning course due to a disability will be eligible for the Part-time maintenance loan. Evidence will be required to prove the student is unable to attend due to a disability for us to award this to them."

But I'm didn't apply for a maintenance loan or DSA just the tuition fee loan and the main reason I didn't apply for the maintenance loan or dsa is that it is so difficult to get evidence from my GP, they don't even sign forms anymore.

Do I actually need to send this evidence if I don't wish to claim dsa the maintenance loan and what should I do next?

Sorry for the long post and thank for taking the time to read it.
Hi there,

If you don't wish to apply for Disabled Student's Allowance or the Maintenance Loan then you can just disregard the notifications on your account and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Has your application been approved for the tuition fees?

Thanks, Holly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (366)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (286)
43.87%

Watched Threads