Who is prepring for CSM fashion foundation

Lets talk
Reply 1
Me.. I’m so stressed
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Me either...😭did u uploaded mini potfolio?
Me either..😭😭 did u uploaded mini portfolio??
Reply 4
Original post by Joo' Liett M
Me either..😭😭 did u uploaded mini portfolio??

No yet, I will upload the mini portfolio after I will take my ielts test... But I finished the portfolio.
How many work did you prepare?
Lets talk through dm
Reply 6
I am considering to apply too. I am in my first year Maths and Finance course at City university of London and I really want to change course and study Fashion Styling at UAL. I didn't study Art in a level so I don't have a portfolio. As I did some research, people say that if I didn't study art at a level, I should study an art foundation year. I am not so sure how to start to build a portfolio now and feel quite lost. Could you guys give me some advice pleasee thank you so much !!!
Do u have instagram? Lets talk through DM cause this app doesnt work very well in my country
Original post by Kate382
I am considering to apply too. I am in my first year Maths and Finance course at City university of London and I really want to change course and study Fashion Styling at UAL. I didn't study Art in a level so I don't have a portfolio. As I did some research, people say that if I didn't study art at a level, I should study an art foundation year. I am not so sure how to start to build a portfolio now and feel quite lost. Could you guys give me some advice pleasee thank you so much !!!

Hi there ! Just wanted to let you know that University of the Arts London has opened a new forum for Foundation courses available with us for 2019! Please ask any questions you have under this new forum -
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5709876

I’ll try my best to answer any further questions there!

Also as a super quick more specific response to you , I’d like to reassure you that although we generally ask for at least a GCSE in any art or design course or subject is usually a requirement that we look for in potential students , that’s it is still possible for you to work on a portfolio and apply with us .

If you would like more advice please move any questions over to the 2019 forum that I’ve attached the link to!

Thanks
Memunatu
Reply 9
Original post by Joo' Liett M
Lets talk
Hi! I am preparing for my interview in two days.. any advice or tips? thank you!! I'm thrilled to have this possibility.
Original post by quittery
Hi! I am preparing for my interview in two days.. any advice or tips? thank you!! I'm thrilled to have this possibility.

Wow in two dayzzzz? Do u live in UK?

Hi!

That's super exciting!

I would say to bring along portfolio work that your passionate about ! The tutors will ask you questions like what are the concepts behind your projects / work ? , why have you used certain materials , or what materials would possible garments have ?, they will basically ask you to justify decisions you have made with your work and also questions about your design process. Although the interview will focus mostly on asking questions about your work , tutors also want to get to know you as a person. They might ask about your interests outside of design, why you feel that CSM would be a good place for you , etc .

I think the best thing to do overall is not to think of the interview as something super formal . think of it as a chat between you and the tutor(s) about you and your work . this way it will feel less intimidating and you'll come across as natural and confident too !

From an ex student on the Fashion and Textiles pathway I can assure you all the tutors are really Fabulous and kind ! You'll be fine , get plenty of rest the night before and I wish you the best of luck !

Best
Memunatu

Hey, how did your interview go, I am applying in two weeks and was wondering how you feel about the uni as a whole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending