Ondrej Bocek
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello!

Few days ago I received a conditional offer - Psychology and Linguistics. I would really love to study at Lancaster Uni. However, since I am an international student I am not eligible for the Maintenance loan. Thus my whole studies literally depend on whether I will or will not be able to get a part-time job (everything in the UK is just way to expensive for me).

What are the realistic chances of finding a job in the 1st month? (I need it as soon as possible)

Thank you for any kind of advice or answer! It would be shame to start the Uni and be forced to quit because of money.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ondrej Bocek)
Hello!

Few days ago I received a conditional offer - Psychology and Linguistics. I would really love to study at Lancaster Uni. However, since I am an international student I am not eligible for the Maintenance loan. Thus my whole studies literally depend on whether I will or will not be able to get a part-time job (everything in the UK is just way to expensive for me).

What are the realistic chances of finding a job in the 1st month? (I need it as soon as possible)

Thank you for any kind of advice or answer! It would be shame to start the Uni and be forced to quit because of money.
Hello!

It is great to hear you would love to study at Lancaster University. I am a current Marketing Management student here (I studied a minor in psychology in my first year too) and thoroughly enjoying my course, University and living in Lancaster.

I think finding a job is very realistic. A lot of my friends have part time jobs on the side. From on campus shops and bars to a variety of businesses in the city there are plenty of opportunties out there. We also have an Employment and Recruitment Service that offer support, more information can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/employmen...and-graduates/.

Lancaster can't wait to welcome you.

Have a good day,

Rebecca

LUMS Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (203)
19.13%
Labour (449)
42.32%
Liberal Democrats (208)
19.6%
Green Party (54)
5.09%
Brexit Party (28)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (16)
1.51%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.94%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)