The Student Room Group

Meaning of this conditional offer

Hi, I understand the basic concept of conditional offers but I'm not sure what this particular one means.

I'm taking psychology, biology and Spanish A levels.

"Conditions of offer
"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades BBB including Biology Psychology"

Does this mean I have to get a B or above in both biology and psychology?

Or are they simply 'included' in the tarrif points - it doesn't matter in which subject I get the points as long as I get them?

Thank you for reading
Original post by Pajora
Hi, I understand the basic concept of conditional offers but I'm not sure what this particular one means.

I'm taking psychology, biology and Spanish A levels.

"Conditions of offer
"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades BBB including Biology Psychology"

Does this mean I have to get a B or above in both biology and psychology?

Or are they simply 'included' in the tarrif points - it doesn't matter in which subject I get the points as long as I get them?

Thank you for reading

I think so, my conditions were similar, I needed to get a certain grade in several subjects. What degree have you applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by Rhythmical
I think so, my conditions were similar, I needed to get a certain grade in several subjects. What degree have you applied for?

Thank you! Are you currently in university or just finished applying?

I've applied for psychology degrees. This particular offer was from the University of Liverpool but I hope to go to Leeds.
Yes you need a B or above in both biology and psychology
Original post by Pajora
Thank you! Are you currently in university or just finished applying?

I've applied for psychology degrees. This particular offer was from the University of Liverpool but I hope to go to Leeds.

I'm currently a university student - had an offer that if I firmed a particular university, my grades would be lowered to CC, have you had that?
Reply 5
I'm currently a university student - had an offer that if I firmed a particular university, my grades would be lowered to CC, have you had that?

Ah, okay. I've only had the one offer so far and nothing like that was mentioned. Thank you for letting me know! I never knew that happened. Which university was that?
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
Yes you need a B or above in both biology and psychology

Thank you !! 😊
Original post by Pajora
Ah, okay. I've only had the one offer so far and nothing like that was mentioned. Thank you for letting me know! I never knew that happened. Which university was that?

It was Essex, I think universities do it to try to lure you in and get you to firm, like unconditionals. Usually its universities who either really like you or struggle to recruit students.
Reply 8
It was Essex, I think universities do it to try to lure you in and get you to firm, like unconditionals. Usually its universities who either really like you or struggle to recruit students.

Ah, thank you! Well you've relieved a little stress for me for now haha - at least I actually know what's going on now
Original post by Pajora
I'm not sure what this particular one means.

You need to get grade B in all three of your A levels.

I was at Essex once upon a time.
Original post by random_matt
I was at Essex once upon a time.

Did you enjoy it?
Did you enjoy it?

Nope, lol. Wrong course, good university though.
Original post by random_matt
Nope, lol. Wrong course, good university though.

It sounds good, it was my insurance but I figured the location wasn’t great.
It sounds good, it was my insurance but I figured the location wasn’t great.

You specifically talking about Colchester? The campus itself is in a good location in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending