Predicted grades for a retaking gap-year student HELP!!

Watch
deathnote123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so I'm in the process of doing my application for uni to study pharmacy. I'm retaking a-level chemistry privately and studying by myself at home. My deputy head from my old sixth form is going to do my reference but she can't predict me my grade. My tutor who is not part of an organisation thought that there was a separate section where I could put her email, but on the reference section on the ucas website on the bottom it says ''an email will be sent to the referee named above asking them to write a reference for you and, if you have pending qualifications, to also provide predicted grades''. My tutor's not part of a tuition organisation but it asks for it specifically on the reference page. I'm so confused and sad can someone help me please, thanks!!
Last edited by deathnote123; 2 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by deathnote123)
Hi, so I'm in the process of doing my application for uni to study pharmacy. I'm retaking a-level chemistry privately and studying by myself at home. My deputy head from my old sixth form is going to do my reference but she can't predict me my grade. My tutor who is not part of an organisation thought that there was a separate section where I could put her email, but on the reference section on the ucas website on the bottom it says ''an email will be sent to the referee named above asking them to write a reference for you and, if you have pending qualifications, to also provide predicted grades''. My tutor's not part of a tuition organisation but it asks for it specifically on the reference page. I'm so confused and sad can someone help me please, thanks!!
You can get your tutor to write the reference or alternatively your head can write it in based on a chat with you and your tutor.

Alternatively your tutor could give the full reference. You could seek guidance from UCAS, but those are the ways I would address the situation.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...uate-reference

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/refere...ate-references

Its certainly nothing to be sad about or get stressed over. Contact UCAS and ask them the way to proceed. Keep it short and give them the two options.
deathnote123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I spoke to my tutor who was my previous teacher at my school but moved and he said he won't do the reference on behalf of his new school. On the reference page, there's a compulsory 'Organisation name' part and I'm confused on what to put on there. My deputy from my old school won't predict me my grade as I'm not a student anymore, my tutors can but they're not part of a company. It's so stressful.
Bluerainy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by deathnote123)
Hi, I spoke to my tutor who was my previous teacher at my school but moved and he said he won't do the reference on behalf of his new school. On the reference page, there's a compulsory 'Organisation name' part and I'm confused on what to put on there. My deputy from my old school won't predict me my grade as I'm not a student anymore, my tutors can but they're not part of a company. It's so stressful.
Hi, I’m in a very similar situation now, what did you do? I don’t know what to do now, it’s already end of October and I can’t get one from my sixth form either 😔
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bluerainy)
Hi, I’m in a very similar situation now, what did you do? I don’t know what to do now, it’s already end of October and I can’t get one from my sixth form either 😔
You don’t need a predicted grade just a reference. If the person who is providing your reference can’t comment on a likely grade, I would mention it yourself in your personal statements by saying what grade you are working towards. It’s not ideal but Unis know this year has been a very strange and difficult one and not all private candidates are in a position to provide predicted grades.
The uni can still make you a conditional offer that is conditional upon you achieving the grades they want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads