English lit poetry anthology Singh song!

Watch
MoreThanThis11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I’ve been given the anthology a few days ago and I was flicking through it and I noticed a poem that kind of stood out from the rest.

If u have the anthology (or u may already know if you’ve seen it) there’s a poem called “Singh song!”
Read the poem.
Is it me or does it seem like AQA kind of make the man sound not as smart as the rest of the poets?
Including a poem with someone from a different background writing their words how they’d say then in real life was a good idea of AQA’s.

However AQA is stereotyping.
As an Indian myself it’s annoying for people to generalise our culture.
Maybe other people don’t see it or can’t tell
But in my opinion it’s mocking the culture.

Ps pls don’t take this too seriously - I understand people have different view points
Maybe I find it offensive and some other ppl think it’s perfectly fine - that’s ok
jtkai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check out this video by the author:

He gives a bit of background on why he wrote it, so maybe you would find it interesting?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (172)
44.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.03%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.21%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (38)
9.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.64%

Watched Threads