The Student Room Group

Moving schools in year 10????????

Hi!!

So, I was wondering if anyone had experience in switching schools in year 10. Especially to a different exam board.

I currently do the following subjects (all Edexcel IGCSE):

Spoiler

In the school that I'll be going to I'll probably be doing the following:

Spoiler

Okay, so what I wanted to know was the effects of switching exam boards, especially English and maths. Also, I understand that for GCSE English you have to memorise the quotes for all the texts, is it as bad as the non-calculator paper in maths?

Also, (I've seen the syllabus) I wanted to know what people's thoughts were on AQA vs IGCSE Edexcel/ GCSE Edexcel Science was like.

Thanks!:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!!

So, I was wondering if anyone had experience in switching schools in year 10. Especially to a different exam board.

I currently do the following subjects (all Edexcel IGCSE):

Spoiler

In the school that I'll be going to I'll probably be doing the following:

Spoiler

Okay, so what I wanted to know was the effects of switching exam boards, especially English and maths. Also, I understand that for GCSE English you have to memorise the quotes for all the texts, is it as bad as the non-calculator paper in maths?

Also, (I've seen the syllabus) I wanted to know what people's thoughts were on AQA vs IGCSE Edexcel/ GCSE Edexcel Science was like.

Thanks!:smile:

They are all much of a muchness. As you are only 2 months into the syllabus of a 21 month course, then loads of time to catch up.
You might want to work hard from now until the ned of Jan to make sure youve caught up though. You would have far bigger issues if it was year 11.
Since you're switching now that you're in Y10 you should be fine. Just in case make sure to talk to your new teachers and check with them any topics they might have already covered that you haven't done.

Best of luck!
Reply 3
Okay, thanks!

Original post by mariohamasaki
Since you're switching now that you're in Y10 you should be fine. Just in case make sure to talk to your new teachers and check with them any topics they might have already covered that you haven't done.

Best of luck!

Original post by 999tigger
They are all much of a muchness. As you are only 2 months into the syllabus of a 21 month course, then loads of time to catch up.
You might want to work hard from now until the ned of Jan to make sure youve caught up though. You would have far bigger issues if it was year 11.

I'll be joining in January though.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, thanks!

I'll be joining in January though.

Doesnt matter. No reason you cant start learning the syllabus now. Not a big deal.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Doesnt matter. No reason you cant start learning the syllabus now. Not a big deal.

Okay! Thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
I actually found Edexcel IGCSE easier than AQA. I just think the questions are worded so much better.
Reply 7
It's not that bad just make sure that you catch up on work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending