Applying through UCAS as an individual Watch

CelaenSardothien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you are a private student resiting your exams do you have to apply through UCAS as an individual? If so, what would happen? What the difference between this and applying as a school student? Can I ask my old sixth form head to write a reference? Also do I need to put down a predicted grade? And do I have to put down my achieved grade for this year as well and said I am resiting?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CelaenSardothien)
If you are a private student resiting your exams do you have to apply through UCAS as an individual? If so, what would happen? What the difference between this and applying as a school student? Can I ask my old sixth form head to write a reference? Also do I need to put down a predicted grade? And do I have to put down my achieved grade for this year as well and said I am resiting?
You might be able to apply via your school, ask them. You will certainly need a referee (and it is your referee who tells UCAS about your predicted grades) so your sixth form head would be good for that anyway.

And yes you put the grades you already achieved and that you have grades pending in the same subject(s). That indicates you are retaking them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CelaenSardothien
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
You might be able to apply via your school, ask them. You will certainly need a referee (and it is your referee who tells UCAS about your predicted grades) so your sixth form head would be good for that anyway.

And yes you put the grades you already achieved and that you have grades pending in the same subject(s). That indicates you are retaking them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the difference between applying through school and as an individual? Is going through UCAS via a school easier?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What the difference between applying through school and as an individual? Is going through UCAS via a school easier?
You have the support of your school if you apply via them. But it's perfectly doable to apply as an individual. Ask your school what they recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CelaenSardothien
Rep:
?
You have the support of your school if you apply via them. But it's perfectly doable to apply as an individual. Ask your school what they recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok Thanks!
CelaenSardothien
Rep:
?
If you're a private candidate and you're resitting your A levels at a different exam centre how would you put this down on UCAS? I am adding two school on the education part of the UCAS form one from my old high school and the other one from the center that I am going to resit my exams in but on the form it ask when did you start and whether I am full time, part-time or sandwich?

Do I just ignore it and put down September 2018 and full time even though I am not a student at the center?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're a private candidate and you're resitting your A levels at a different exam centre how would you put this down on UCAS? I am adding two school on the education part of the UCAS form one from my old high school and the other one from the center that I am going to resit my exams in but on the form it ask when did you start and whether I am full time, part-time or sandwich?

Do I just ignore it and put down September 2018 and full time even though I am not a student at the center?
You put it as part-time. See the guidance here:
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application
CelaenSardothien
Rep:
?
You put it as part-time. See the guidance here:
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
12.97%
1 (89)
12.97%
2 (88)
12.83%
18.95%
22.3%
19.97%

Watched Threads