The Student Room Group

Applying through UCAS as an individual

If you are a private student resiting your exams do you have to apply through UCAS as an individual? If so, what would happen? What the difference between this and applying as a school student? Can I ask my old sixth form head to write a reference? Also do I need to put down a predicted grade? And do I have to put down my achieved grade for this year as well and said I am resiting?
Reply 1
Original post by CelaenSardothien
If you are a private student resiting your exams do you have to apply through UCAS as an individual? If so, what would happen? What the difference between this and applying as a school student? Can I ask my old sixth form head to write a reference? Also do I need to put down a predicted grade? And do I have to put down my achieved grade for this year as well and said I am resiting?

You might be able to apply via your school, ask them. You will certainly need a referee (and it is your referee who tells UCAS about your predicted grades) so your sixth form head would be good for that anyway.

And yes you put the grades you already achieved and that you have grades pending in the same subject(s). That indicates you are retaking them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
You might be able to apply via your school, ask them. You will certainly need a referee (and it is your referee who tells UCAS about your predicted grades) so your sixth form head would be good for that anyway.

And yes you put the grades you already achieved and that you have grades pending in the same subject(s). That indicates you are retaking them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What the difference between applying through school and as an individual? Is going through UCAS via a school easier?
Reply 3
What the difference between applying through school and as an individual? Is going through UCAS via a school easier?

You have the support of your school if you apply via them. But it's perfectly doable to apply as an individual. Ask your school what they recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
You have the support of your school if you apply via them. But it's perfectly doable to apply as an individual. Ask your school what they recommend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok Thanks!
If you're a private candidate and you're resitting your A levels at a different exam centre how would you put this down on UCAS? I am adding two school on the education part of the UCAS form one from my old high school and the other one from the center that I am going to resit my exams in but on the form it ask when did you start and whether I am full time, part-time or sandwich?

Do I just ignore it and put down September 2018 and full time even though I am not a student at the center?
Reply 6
If you're a private candidate and you're resitting your A levels at a different exam centre how would you put this down on UCAS? I am adding two school on the education part of the UCAS form one from my old high school and the other one from the center that I am going to resit my exams in but on the form it ask when did you start and whether I am full time, part-time or sandwich?

Do I just ignore it and put down September 2018 and full time even though I am not a student at the center?

You put it as part-time. See the guidance here:
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest