What can I do with 2 A-levels and a BTEC Watch

CrypticChimp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
I am doing 2 a levels which are business and economics.I am predicted to get A* for both and I am doing BTEC business extended diploma and I am predicted D*D*D*.

Any Idea if I can do economics or law with those subjects and can I go to a russle group uni with those grades.

Thanks
ArjunMepa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by CrypticChimp)
Hi
I am doing 2 a levels which are business and economics.I am predicted to get A* for both and I am doing BTEC business extended diploma and I am predicted D*D*D*.

Any Idea if I can do economics or law with those subjects and can I go to a russle group uni with those grades.

Thanks
Why are you doing business at btec when you are already learning it at A level ? Why dont you do law as an A level and leave everything as it is. Trying aiming for a D*D*D* and do some extra units that you may have an interest in doing , consider this a backup plan, it will show your level of commitment and motivation when applying for a Russell group university. look at the uni requirements most top 20-30 university require A*AA/A*AB/AAB and trying aiming for at least A in economics and then progress your way to an A* and in your law trying aiming for an A at least or if you get a B most Russell groups University will happily accept due to your commitment to undertaking additional units in your btec extended diploma in business, and try getting some work experience in a legal sector and in Business , Administration and Sales sector for at least 1-2 weeks. And if you continue to do this until you finish your A levels . It hugely benefit you
Last edited by ArjunMepa; 11 months ago
CrypticChimp
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArjunMepa)
Why are you doing business at btec when you are already learning it at A level ?
I dropped from one of my subjects and my school took 2 weeks before they contacted the other school to do a course there so it was to late and btec business was the only thing I could do
ArjunMepa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by CrypticChimp)
I dropped from one of my subjects and my school took 2 weeks before they contacted the other school to do a course there so it was to late and btec business was the only thing I could do
so are you doing just a btec or are you doing it in combination with one a level ?

Even if thats the case ,i know alot of people who have done just one a level a btec alongside or even just a btec but shown alot of work experience and knowledge during interview of their degree enrolment, Those people had managed to get into UCL,
Last edited by ArjunMepa; 11 months ago
CrypticChimp
Rep:
?
I am doing 2 alevels and a btec.
Originally i was doing 3 alevels but dropped one.
Thanks for the help
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
doing an extended diploma and 2 a levels is the equivalent of 5 a levels. The btec in itself will get you into nearly all universities including RG Law at Bristol
BTEC offer D*DD in a relevant BTEC
The issue with Economics might be you may need A level Maths as well but you wont need the other A levels
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
An extended diploma + 2 A levels is a crazy workload, why would you do so many?

Just the Extended Diploma of 3 A levels or a mix of 3 A levels or Subsidiary Diplomas would've been fine, doing 5 is mad.

But yes, easily fine for most unis but as swanseajack1 said some Econ degrees will require A level Maths no matter how many you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
68.57%
No I haven't decided yet (5)
14.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
17.14%

Watched Threads