The Student Room Group

Ancient History, Classics, and Archaeology Applicants 2019

Scroll to see replies

got an offer for English and Classical civilisation at Birmingham, just need to wait for my other offers so i can firm the course :smile: anyone do anything similar hmu!
Original post by megsch18
Name: Megan
Studying: BA Archaeology and Ancient History at Birmingham
Predicted Grades: First/2:1
Course Applied to: MSc Bioarchaeology
Uni Applied to: York, Exeter

If anyone has questions about AAH at Birmingham I'm happy to answer!

hii, just wanted to know how big are yor classes, how many contact hours do you get and what do you think of the course overall? :smile:
@CinnamonSmol hi!! We get about 8 contact hours a week excluding personal tutor meetings, our classes range from like 20 for most archaeology modules to 200 for the first year intro modules (early civilisations and intros to classical civilisations) but we get smaller seminar groups for the bigger modules - about 15-20 again. I really enjoy my course, I think it’s great for the ancient history aspect but unfortunately the archaeology side is struggling at Birmingham (the lectures are fab there just aren’t that many of them!) hope this helped!
Original post by rosel100
Name: rosel100
Studied: German, English lang & lit and Classical Civilisation
Grades: AAB (already have my grades as I am just taking a gap-year)
Course Applied to: Classical Civilisation and Ancient History
Uni Applied to: Warwick, UCL, Exeter, Birmingham & Nottingham

I have received offers from all:smile: I'm 100% wanting to go to Warwick! If anyone else is doing Classical Civilisation at Warwick hmu!!

Congrats! When did you receive your offer from UCL? They've still got me on "Application Received."
Name: PinkCustard
Studying: Access Course (History & English).
Predicted Grades: 45 Distinctions
Course Applied to: BA Archaeology.
Uni Applied to: Durham, Manchester, Birmingham, Exeter, York (got offers for all, already accepted Durham)
Name: Hannah
Studying: English lit, Art, Classical Civilisation, EPQ
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Course Applied to: Classical Studies/Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
Uni Applied to: King’s, Oxford, Manchester, Newcastle, Royal Holloway

Recieved offers from 4/5 of the unis I applied to, recently firmed King’s :-)
Original post by PinkCustard
Name: PinkCustard
Studying: Access Course (History & English).
Predicted Grades: 45 Distinctions
Course Applied to: BA Archaeology.
Uni Applied to: Durham, Manchester, Birmingham, Exeter, York (got offers for all, already accepted Durham)

Got my offer from Durham for Archaeology last week. I'm also on an Access course!
Anyone confirmed York for BA Archaeology?

Quick Reply

Latest