The Student Room Group

What is your favourite christmas film?

Scroll to see replies

Trading Places
It's a Wonderful Life is superb; shoutout to The Polar Express as well bc nostalgia
Hey guys! My fave christmas film has to be the grinch and love actually!!! :smile:
Always watch them on christmas day! I also love 'the santa clause' movies !
Sophia.
For me it The santa clause movie with Tim Allen, watch it every year on Christmas Eve it's our family tradition watch it while eating a McDonald's and then open a box of chocolates.
Tie between Gremlins and DieHard. They're childhood/adolescence favourites. Brazil (1985) deserves a mention too.
Home Alone

Valeriia
Reply 26
#1) Elf
#2) It's a wonderful life
#3) Rudolph (The claymation version)
Original post by Phildjm
I watch Scrooged every Christmas, so it has to be that.

Original post by postingm
I am planning to watch the new Grinch movie this month. It look like my kind of movie. going to be a modern classic for sure!

I am sure to watch a film with this name too, but I guess this one was different to you guys.

Anyway I am surprised that no one said 'A Christmas Carol' so far. Really thought that some people at least like the filmed Dickens novel.
Elf 100000000% !!!
Original post by kazzykat95
It's a Wonderful Life is superb; shoutout to The Polar Express as well bc nostalgia

Oh, guess I know it! it is a black and white film in which the husband and father of three children try to commit suicide by jumping from a bridge, but an angel in form of a human prevented this? that is what I remember very well, if that is the film.
Watching all The Office (US) Christmas episodes is as close to a Christmas movie as I need.
Josh :smile:
Original post by Kallisto
Oh, guess I know it! it is a black and white film in which the husband and father of three children try to commit suicide by jumping from a bridge, but an angel in form of a human prevented this? that is what I remember very well, if that is the film.

That's the one! :smile:
Probably Home Alone
That's the one! :smile:

I knew it! the name was so known to me. Is it bad that I spoiled some plots of this film above? I can mark them as spoiler, what do you think?
Original post by Kallisto
I knew it! the name was so known to me. Is it bad that I spoiled some plots of this film above? I can mark them as spoiler, what do you think?

Nah it's probably ok, it happens near the beginning of the film
Original post by Emma:-)
As the title says, What is your favourite christmas film?

I like Scrooge! :smile:
Nah it's probably ok, it happens near the beginning of the film

The entire film was a flashback? it is really been a while that I watched. Should do it again to get a my memory back.
Reply 37
Polar express. Hands down.
H:smile:me Al:smile:ne
Home alone for the win! Have to admit it but I watch this even when it’s not Christmas it’s so funny

Quick Reply

Latest