The Student Room Group

Which bands/singers do you think are overrated?

Are there any particular bands/singers that you think are overrated?

Scroll to see replies

Personally, i think that little mix are overrated
They are ok and all that, but i dont think they are as amazing as people make them out to be.
Oasis
Jay Z
Stormzy
Michael Jackson
The Stone Roses
Beyonce
Kendrick Lamar
Ed Sheeran
Adele
Eminem
Reply 3
Rammstein
Michael Schenker once he left Scorpions and UFO
Slash
Oasis
Iron Maiden
Reply 4
Most modern rappers
Original post by Emma:-)
Personally, i think that little mix are overrated
They are ok and all that, but i dont think they are as amazing as people make them out to be.

Yeah i agree
Original post by Wilfred Little
Oasis
Jay Z
Stormzy
Michael Jackson
The Stone Roses
Beyonce
Kendrick Lamar
Ed Sheeran
Adele
Eminem

I sort of agree with you about adele.
Everyone seems to rave about her but im not a massive fan.
Most Kpop
Original post by Emma:-)
Are there any particular bands/singers that you think are overrated?

Literally all, but classical music, and traditional music performers.
Reply 9
Ed Sheeran. Yes I think he has talent, but most of his songs sound exactly the same to me.
Most mainstream pop artists, as most of it is glorified karaoke.
Original post by SillyPig123
Most Kpop

How many kpop artists have you actually listened to out of curiosity?
Original post by chooseanother

I've listened to a bit of BTS, but it isn't the music that I'm complaining about, it is the fans. I have nothing wrong with people being a fan, but when all you see is 'I STAN JUNGKOOK' and 'OMG ARMYY' I just feel like it's a little immature and I just feel like alot of fans put them on this pedestal almost. I just think they are overrated. They make pop music. That's it. It's nothing special or different. They aren't revolutionary or unique. But hey, you could say this about a lot of modern pop musicians and maybe I'm just not their demographic.
kpop
Original post by SillyPig123
I've listened to a bit of BTS, but it isn't the music that I'm complaining about, it is the fans. I have nothing wrong with people being a fan, but when all you see is 'I STAN JUNGKOOK' and 'OMG ARMYY' I just feel like it's a little immature and I just feel like alot of fans put them on this pedestal almost. I just think they are overrated. They make pop music. That's it. It's nothing special or different. They aren't revolutionary or unique. But hey, you could say this about a lot of modern pop musicians and maybe I'm just not their demographic.

That's a completely fair point. I used to be a fan of BTS and I still like their music but their fans are unbearable and toxic tbh. It's understandable if their music isn't your cup of tea. They're seen as being influential when you really look into the meaning of their songs and the message they're trying to share. It's a little unfair to generalise the whole of kpop as being overrated if you haven't actually listened to many artists aside from BTS. There's a lot of kpop artists who produce good music out there, but I respect your opinion.
Original post by daaudm
kpop

Are you just basing this off BTS or have you actually heard any other kpop groups?
Reply 16
Quo.
Ed Sheeran. He’s talented but boring
Original post by chooseanother

All pop, including kpop, is overrated by definition of what it is, so he would have been right even if he had listened to 0 kpop bands.
Unless, of course, pop is low-rated.
(edited 5 years ago)
Kpop (definitely)
Justin Bieber (ughhhh 🤢🤮)

Quick Reply

Latest