?
Report 10 months ago
kim kardashian
K-pop013
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ik some people will say kpop... but I disagree. They work harder than you all think.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Are there any particular bands/singers that you think are overrated?
All pop band and most of rock bands.

I don't take rap and hip-hop performes into the account, because they're not singers. However most of their "art" is disgraceful to the dignity of human kind.
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Nirvana are pretty overrated - aside from Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are, most of their music is pretty mediocre and they didn't really do anything that Husker Du hadn't done 6 years earlier. Husker Du were arguably more of an influence on the majority of rock music from the past 30 years than Nirvana and yet for most people they're Who?sker Du. It's a pity that their drummer died of cancer in 2017, because they could have reunited.

Rap music is also overrated, and I can't understand most of the lyrics, but that's just my opinion.
Last edited by RJDG14; 1 day ago
lucyddf72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Adele, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Killers, Kaiser Chiefs,
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by lucyddf72)
Adele, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Killers, Kaiser Chiefs,
Coldplay went downhill after X&Y, the Kaiser Chiefs after their first album Employment. Adele and Ed Sheeran have always been tedious, while the Killers are just kind of meh.

The Beatles are also very overrated considering their immense popularity. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is often seen as one of the greatest albums of all time, and yet I struggle to hear anything particularly good about it aside from the slick production for 1967.
Last edited by RJDG14; 1 day ago
saura
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
bla

(Original post by Emma:-))
Are there any particular bands/singers that you think are overrated?
lfcpearcey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
Seeing people comment most rock bands is joke, theyre the real musicians, they arent the ones singing along to some beat they didnt even write or produce themselves. However in my opinion, I believe that the 1975 are one of the most overrated bands in todays music.
tvujgufytfch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by PTMalewski)
All pop, including kpop, is overrated by definition of what it is, so he would have been right even if he had listened to 0 kpop bands.
Unless, of course, pop is low-rated.
Kpop isn't just pop though. There's ballads and so much more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads