sm01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am currently in year 13 and have applied to study veterinary medicine (2019) at Nottingham, RVC, Bristol and Surrey. I have got an email from Bristol saying my application is on 'hold' and have not been offered any interviews yet.
Has anyone received any offers or news about their application process so far?
laurenhiss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I’m also in Year 13 and applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, RVC and Bristol. I haven’t heard anything at all yet regarding interviews as they’re usually sent mid November-December, although I would say not to be worried about Bristol putting you on hold as I’ve seen them do that to a lot of people (I haven’t been sent an email or anything regarding being put on hold, but I’ll tell you if I do.)
Mvett
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to Liverpool, Bristol, edinburgh and Surrey. I know that Bristol have sent hold emails out but nothing else. I think that as Bristol go through the applications they must have some sort of system of putting all the definite offers in a pile, definite rejections in a pile and then what’s left is put on hold. Once all applications have been categorised they probably then look through the hold pile again and choose who to give offers to depending on how many they have left to give out. So basically don’t be too worried. Surrey have given some rejections out tonight but as far as I know nothing else has happened yet
sm01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mvett)
I applied to Liverpool, Bristol, edinburgh and Surrey. I know that Bristol have sent hold emails out but nothing else. I think that as Bristol go through the applications they must have some sort of system of putting all the definite offers in a pile, definite rejections in a pile and then what’s left is put on hold. Once all applications have been categorised they probably then look through the hold pile again and choose who to give offers to depending on how many they have left to give out. So basically don’t be too worried. Surrey have given some rejections out tonight but as far as I know nothing else has happened yet
Thanks so much. I guess being put on hold is better than being rejected!
sm01
Rep:
?
(Original post by .......xD)
Hi. I’m also in Year 13 and applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, RVC and Bristol. I haven’t heard anything at all yet regarding interviews as they’re usually sent mid November-December, although I would say not to be worried about Bristol putting you on hold as I’ve seen them do that to a lot of people (I haven’t been sent an email or anything regarding being put on hold, but I’ll tell you if I do.)
ok thanks. The waiting is killing me, I just want to know whether I have got into any!
EP90
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied to RVC, Surrey, Bristol and Cambridge and haven’t heard anything from any of them yet. I applied last year too and didn’t hear anything until the end of November so it’s probably just a bit early.
username2747699
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied to Bristol, Liverpool, RVC and Surrey, and I haven’t heard anything either
Tbh some of them say they won’t give us much notice about interviews I swear?? Which are your favourite universities??
Mine’s Bristol but obviously anywhere that takes me I’ll happily go hahaha
EP90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by phoebedodds)
I’ve applied to Bristol, Liverpool, RVC and Surrey, and I haven’t heard anything either
Tbh some of them say they won’t give us much notice about interviews I swear?? Which are your favourite universities??
Mine’s Bristol but obviously anywhere that takes me I’ll happily go hahaha
Cambridge usually give about two weeks notice for interviews, not overly sure about the others. I like all of them tbh, they all have their own qualities and styles but think they’re all as good as each other.
VETwannabe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, just in case you didn't know, there's already a 2019 vet med applicants thread here.
Mittens3201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I have applied to Liverpool, Edinburgh, Bristol and Nottingham. I have been put on hold as well by Bristol but have received an interview from Liverpool this morning! It’s for the end of November (you choose a time slot) so about 3-4 weeks notice 🤷🏻*♀️ Haven’t heard anything from the other two, good luck everyone !!!
aspiringtovetmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I’ve applied to Liverpool, Bristol, Nottingham and Cambridge this year. I haven’t heard anything from anyone but Liverpool who offered me an interview yesterday! Hopefully there will be news from the other universities soon
laurenhiss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Liverpool? I got an email about accommodation and in it it said “As you have been invited to an interview at the University of Liverpool...” but it hasn’t been updated on my UCAS that I’ve got an interview-
Is this normal? I’m kind of worried.
Thanks
aspiringtovetmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Liverpool? I got an email about accommodation and in it it said “As you have been invited to an interview at the University of Liverpool...” but it hasn’t been updated on my UCAS that I’ve got an interview-
Thanks
Hey, if it helps I have had an email offering me an interview at Liverpool followed by the accommodation email you mentioned, but my UCAS hasn’t updated to say that Liverpool have offered me an interview either. I think that UCAS only updates when you receive offers/rejections, as I booked my Liverpool interview directly from the email? Maybe check your email/junk to see if you’ve missed any emails? Good luck and I hope I managed to help somewhat
Sophie18052
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had interview for liverpool last year and one this year. Ucas doesnt change for liverpool until it is regarding offer or not! Liverpool just send an email where you have to book a time slot so check your spam email too!!
biohazard001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't like Bristol. it felt very snobby compared to the others
Re_rex
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophie18052)
I had interview for liverpool last year and one this year. Ucas doesnt change for liverpool until it is regarding offer or not! Liverpool just send an email where you have to book a time slot so check your spam email too!!
Any advice with regards to the multiple mini interviews? 🤗
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks
Hi,
When I applied to Liverpool I received an email about accommodation before my actual invitation for interview came through
Also I don't think it ever updated on UCAS to say interview despite me having one so I wouldn't worry about this

Best of luck with your Liv interview
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by biohazard001)
I didn't like Bristol. it felt very snobby compared to the others
In what way?
biohazard001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 6573282)
In what way?
Everyone was just really serious and not very chatty unlike surrey where the people were really friendly and relaxed
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by biohazard001)
Everyone was just really serious and not very chatty unlike surrey where the people were really friendly and relaxed
I got that exact impression when I looked round years ago, both applicants and lecturers - put me right off the place.

I've heard they have modernised the place a lot now so hopefully things are different - when I was there they gave the impression you'd be oh so lucky to get a place with them but looking at the facilities theyd have been luckier for people to have applied there. Especially their farm but again this has hopefully changed now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (93)
49.73%
No (94)
50.27%

Watched Threads