The Student Room Group

Should I see a doctor

there's a painful red lump about a size of a of a pea on my upper back. It just appeared today I mean i haven't noticed it before. what should i do I'm scared it's cancer.

Scroll to see replies

Go to the doctor and get them to check it out.
If it appears abnormal and not something like back acne then it may be worth getting chcked out
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
If it appears abnormal and not something like back acne then it may be worth getting chcked out

thanks
Reply 3
bump
Go to your nearest GP, they’ll get you sorted out, then they may refer you to an A&E, good luck, try not to worry even though I know it’s hard not to.

...nothing difficult, use your common sense....tsr is not full of medics..hope ur better now though...
Reply 6
Original post by Oneiropólos
Go to your nearest GP, they’ll get you sorted out, then they may refer you to an A&E, good luck, try not to worry even though I know it’s hard not to.

if they refer u to A&E does it mean it's serious
Original post by momomo44
...nothing difficult, use your common sense....tsr is not full of medics..hope ur better now though...

Why are you quoting me?

Original post by Anonymous
if they refer u to A&E does it mean it's serious

Depends, potentially. There are some things which can't be diagnosed in a GP setting but it doesn't always mean its serious
Reply 8
Why are you quoting me?

Depends, potentially. There are some things which can't be diagnosed in a GP setting but it doesn't always mean its serious

oof I'm scared now.
Reply 9
no I'm only 13 waiting for my mum to do it lol
no I'm only 13 waiting for my mum to do it lol

If you're 13 why didn't you ask your mum to look at it in the first place?
She's probably more qualified than us to determine if you need to see a doctor as she can actually see it
If you're 13 why didn't you ask your mum to look at it in the first place?
She's probably more qualified than us to determine if you need to see a doctor as she can actually see it

she is at work now. I rang her and she said she will look when she comes in. so I just wanted to see if it was worth seeing a doctor over
she is at work now. I rang her and she said she will look when she comes in. so I just wanted to see if it was worth seeing a doctor over

I'd wait for her to come home and judge it
Could be a cyst. Not dangerous but the faster it is treated the easier it will be. They grow quickly and if they are too big need to be cut in a hospital. Call your mum.
Original post by Hundeschule
Could be a cyst. Not dangerous but the faster it is treated the easier it will be. They grow quickly and if they are too big need to be cut in a hospital. Call your mum.

and tell her what?
I'd wait for her to come home and judge it

ok thanks
Hi . thanks for all of your answers so far and I just wanted to tell you that the little lump has gone down a bit but the pain and redness is still there.
Hi . thanks for all of your answers so far and I just wanted to tell you that the little lump has gone down a bit but the pain and redness is still there.

Doesn't sound like it's much tbh then.
However I don't know how big this lump is, just wait for your mum to get back
You won't be sent to A&E for a cyst.

I've had this problem more than once. If you do need to be seen, (I was given antibiotics both times first and then sent to hospital) it'll be the surgical assessment unit you'll be sent to.
there's a painful red lump about a size of a of a pea on my upper back. It just appeared today I mean i haven't noticed it before. what should i do I'm scared it's cancer.

I've had one of those for years. My dad (a vet - not the same as a doctor I know but still) says it's not something to worry about.
I've had one of those for years. My dad (a vet - not the same as a doctor I know but still) says it's not something to worry about.

so should I go to the doctor or not?

Original post by Tiger Rag

I've had this problem more than once. If you do need to be seen, (I was given antibiotics both times first and then sent to hospital) it'll be the surgical assessment unit you'll be sent to.

so should I go to the doctor or not?

(Original post by Tiger Rag)

(Original post by AzureCeleste)
about the size of a pea

about the size of a pea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending