Typhoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Have any current students at Wmin received a scholarship? I've just applied and should find out next week if I've got it or not.

Does anyone know how many scholarships they offer and how they decide who gets them?
butterflyaway
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Hello, does anybody know how hard is to get a scholarship from Uni of Westminster? And how should I demonstrate my financial need?
Cherry_BB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When did you apply?

How long does it take to find out if you are getting one?
Typhoon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I did the 250 word thing and got a silver level scholarship... Just said how I was good academically and how I might struggle financially, but everyone's circumstances are different.
But it's worth a shot!

I found out within a week after the deadline
sowsan
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Typhoon)
I did the 250 word thing and got a silver level scholarship... Just said how I was good academically and how I might struggle financially, but everyone's circumstances are different.
But it's worth a shot!

I found out within a week after the deadline
thanks for the info,

I wanted to ask, did you have to have a firm/insurance offer with the university in order to be eligible for the scholarship?

Would you be required to send off the UCAS confirmation letter?

thanks again
Cherry_BB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied for scholarship in March.
How long should I wait to receive an email whether I'm approved or not?
C_D_forever
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sowsan)
thanks for the info,

I wanted to ask, did you have to have a firm/insurance offer with the university in order to be eligible for the scholarship?

Would you be required to send off the UCAS confirmation letter?

thanks again
The wording goes like this from the website, I think you just need to be holding an offer from them, regardless of if you put them as your firm or insurance, they don't discriminate - Westminster would probably think this was unethical forcing someone to put them as your firm and only allowing you to apply for a scholarship if you did this, though obviously you have to make it clear that they are either your firm or insurance:

Scholarships 2009/10

At the University of Westminster you can apply for a scholarship once you have been offered a place (either conditional or unconditional) on a course at the University, but before you start your course. The only exception to this rule is if you are an undergraduate UK/EU student who started your course under the new tuition fee regime.

I think you should just apply even if you put it as your insurance - clarify this with an e-mail to admin or something – make sure you get everything in before the deadline (not sure when this is, check the website or e-mail/ring someone) - download the form and take a look at the scholarship booklet on the website?

To Cherry - I think you should hear just before the deadline if you are successful and if you aren't you will probably be notified just after - they are pretty competitive - though saying this - they have progression scholarships after the first year, so if you aren't successful first time round, you can work your pants off in the first year - obtain a really high average - above 70% at least - and apply for a progression scholarship to cover the 2nd and 3rd year of the course. Good luck everyone.

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-6593

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-17319

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/pdf/scholarships2009_10.pdf

They even have scholarships for people who can play the ancient organs that are at the historic headquarters at Regent Street! If you can't play an organ get practicing!

Good luck
Cherry_BB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you C_D_forever !

I guess it was an intuition because exactly today I checked my email at least 50 times waiting for a letter from the scholarship office.

And I finally got it- Gold Scholarship !It is wonderful when everything goes according to plan.

Good luck to all aplicants !
C_D_forever
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cherry_BB)
Thank you C_D_forever !

I guess it was an intuition because exactly today I checked my email at least 50 times waiting for a letter from the scholarship office.

And I finally got it- Gold Scholarship !It is wonderful when everything goes according to plan.

That is brilliant!! Well done All the best to everyone else who has applied - by the way Cherry I think you asked about Freshers at Westminster - keep your eye on the University of Westminster's student union site and their radio station page where you can listen to broadcasts - Smoke Radio:

http://smokeradio.co.uk/index.php?op...d=67&Itemid=50

http://www.uwsu.com/

Well done again - I bet you are on a high

Good luck to everyone else.
Samsoonie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cherry_BB)
Thank you C_D_forever !

That's great! May I know what gold scholarship includes? I intend to apply for scholarship at Westminster next year, can I contact you by MSN to have some further information?
Cherry_BB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Samsoonie)
That's great! May I know what gold scholarship includes? I intend to apply for scholarship at Westminster next year, can I contact you by MSN to have some further information?
i sent you a message :top:
babiah
Report 9 years ago
Hi Cherry,
I also have applied for a fully funded scholaship at Westminster University. I just want to get some information from you. I will appreciate of you could forward me your email address and i can get some help. It will be really useful for me....

Babiah
Wizmatic
Report 9 years ago
I applied for a fully funded international scholarship last week. Have not gotten the email confirming my application as yet. Hopefully I should get an answer before the end of this month.
jovi99
Report 9 years ago
when we should get an answer of geting this scholarship exactly?
Wizmatic
Report 9 years ago
jovi99, I got this email today.

"The office aims to notify you of the outcome by the end of July at the latest. Even though we may have received your scholarship application early, no applications are reviewed before this date and we are unable to give notification any earlier than this.

Our office will notify you by email, and will contact with the outcome whether or not you are successful".
jovi99
Report 9 years ago
Tnx You really have talked down me
AndreyOdn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi Cherry,
I'm going to apply for a fully funded scholaship at Westminster University. Could you please give me your contact information so that I can ask you some questions about the scholarship process. I will really appreciate this.
Naome2011
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey all!
Can anyone please tell me when will I be notified of Westminster Scholarship?I have applied before the deadline may 31st 2011. The masters course wud start in September.
Naome
aizhamal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys!
I have applied for the Full International Scholarship at the Uni of Wmin before the deadline.
I havent recieved the notification that they have recieved my scholarship application...
Who knows when the reuslts will be ready?
gila
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the Results should be arrived at the middle-end of july
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
    All departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Wed, 4 Dec '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads