Phelpseygirl’s trip through A Levels Watch

Phelpseygirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all.

I’ve currently started studying at Hartpury doing a levels in History, English Language and Psychology. ( a lot of writing I know!) I’ve always loved doing history and learning about the Second World War but Psychology and English Language was just because I did well in them for GCSE with a B in Psych and a 7 in English Lang. I have loved studying at Hartpury so far with gaining new friends and experiencing new things.

Lately though, I have lacked in knowledge in English Lang and History (Spain) and so have as a result have found myself on intervention where I have to increase my grades through added help. Although I know this is meant to help with my education, I couldn’t help but feel bad about myself and I would like to say to others now that at no point should you give up. I thought about it and I have kicked myself a few times for that very reason. To help me keep on track and to encourage others in my situation, I have decided to join the grow your grades competition. I hope you enjoy my journey and I wish you good luck in your own endeavours!

Good luck ,
Phelpseygirl
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
good luck!
(if you do a tag list i'd love to be tagged:teeth:)
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
2nd November 2018

Hi all,

So today was an average Friday. On a bus by 7:35 to get to college for 9. It isn’t all that bad though, it gives me a chance read my daily bible reading plan and listen to music. Lessons start at 9:30 and Fridays, Monday’s and Wednesdays are half days with two of those days being enrichment such as EPQ on Monday and Study on Wednesday allowing me a free afternoon on Friday. So needless to say, today was predominantly relaxed with three lessons today. History (Spain) and double English Language. Today in History we learnt about foreign policies in which Ferdinand and Isabella had during their reign. In English Language, we started to write our essay on identity based on our language use. This includes the effects of my religion (Christianity), where I’ve lived and people I chose to surround myself with. So with 1 and 1/2 hours on the bus done and 3 and 1/2 hours in college all together, I went home. Until tomorrow,

Good luck,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈

Quote for the day~ “we don’t have to be ordinary, make your best mistakes”- Shawn Mendes

entertainmyfaith
Last edited by Phelpseygirl; 3 months ago
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
that english lang essay sounds very interesting:yep:
i'm also really liking this quote of a day thing:gah:
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Good luck!! :rave:
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Saturday 3rd November 2018

Hi all,

So I know it wasn’t a school day today but as an A Level student and as one on intervention, it’s important to keep working and keep reading. So today I decided to get my redo of my history mini assessment done. It went a bit slower then I thought it would because we went out meaning that I had to type in a car. I’m pretty proud of the redo of the essay because I managed to remember all the facts that I will openly admit I forgot when I did the initial assessment. I will let you guys know what I get for the redo. For the rest of today, I primarily relaxed, this week has been pretty full on and relaxing is important as well as working. Until tomorrow.

Good luck,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈

Quote of the day ~ attatched
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Monday 6th November 2018-

Morning all,

I have since noticed that I did not share yesterday’s adventures so I will say them now. So yesterday I had a half day at Hartpury with my only two lessons being a single lesson of history and a double lesson of psychology. In my lesson of history, I learnt about suffrage movement before the world war and in psychology I learnt about the working model of memory. I then had EPQ as my enrichment. I have decided to focus of women of the world war 2 The Learn Ranger. To do this, I am going to send a survey of names of women from the world war 2 and see how many people know each one. I will then make a video trying to spread awareness of other women of the world war 2. When I got home, I got taken out to fireworks, hence why I forgot to post. Until later,

Good luck,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈Name:  EFCA6E2E-4229-4808-BEB5-FFF6C964EAF3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  11.6 KB
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The Learn Ranger
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Phelpseygirl)
Monday 6th November 2018-

Morning all,

I have since noticed that I did not share yesterday’s adventures so I will say them now. So yesterday I had a half day at Hartpury with my only two lessons being a single lesson of history and a double lesson of psychology. In my lesson of history, I learnt about suffrage movement before the world war and in psychology I learnt about the working model of memory. I then had EPQ as my enrichment. I have decided to focus of women of the world war 2 The Learn Ranger. To do this, I am going to send a survey of names of women from the world war 2 and see how many people know each one. I will then make a video trying to spread awareness of other women of the world war 2. When I got home, I got taken out to fireworks, hence why I forgot to post. Until later,

Good luck,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈Name:  EFCA6E2E-4229-4808-BEB5-FFF6C964EAF3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  11.6 KB
Hope the fireworks were great.

I'm guessing that the focus of your EPQ will be on how the role of women in WW2 is underplayed?? There is a lot of material on this so you should be OK for research. May I suggest you also focus on the ordinary women who went to work in factories in their thousands?
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
Hope the fireworks were great.

I'm guessing that the focus of your EPQ will be on how the role of women in WW2 is underplayed?? There is a lot of material on this so you should be OK for research. May I suggest you also focus on the ordinary women who went to work in factories in their thousands?
Thank you. The fireworks were really good but the bonfire was a bit too far away 😂 I just think that it’s not really recognised as much as it should be . I will take into account your last suggestion, I think I might be able to use it. Thank you again for your comment 😊
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Tuesday 6th November 2018-
(ps sorry I put the wrong date on yesterday’s!)

Hi all,

Hope you all had a good day and learnt something new. Today I was at college and had a full day today so the only thing new was that I was able to sleep in today as my dad took me in the car cutting my travel time to 45 mins instead of a hour and a half. Today I had double psychology where I learnt about a further obedience study and did a presentation about the winterbourne case and how psychology could potentially explain why this dreadful behaviour was felt to be acceptable by the workers. I then had a history (Spain) lesson in which I learnt about Spanish foreign policies with different countries such as France, the Mediterranean and Portugal. I then had lunch and then concluded my college day with a double lesson on English Language. Today we learnt about persuasive devices and Surprised myself with my knowledge of the topic from GCSEs. I was able to remember these from an acrostic that my teacher taught me - AFORESTDASH. I don’t know if anyone else knows what this means but basically it’s a list of different persuasive techniques such as Alliteration, Facts, Opinions, Repetition, Exaggeration, Statistics ...... This thoroughly helped me to show my teacher that I wasn’t completely helpless as I did know my persuasive techniques and was able to participate fully in this lesson . Guaranteeing at least one answer from me per task or question. This seems like a small thing for people that don’t know me but since I’ve been put into intervention, this was a real confidence booster as I was made to feel as if I had made some progress.

I would like to take this chance to encourage anyone who feels down about doing a task based on their said ability, try your best and that’s all anyone can ask from you. Don’t look down on yourself or subject yourself to a particular status because you have felt that way before, use it as a building block, say to yourself : ‘this is what I got last time, let’s do better’ and if you actually physically can’t, then at least you know that you tried your hardest. Push on. I believe in you.

I would love to hear some stories from some of you where you have overcome something. It could be something as little as reading in class. It’s important to empower each other because there are enough people dragging us down otherwise.

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈

Quote of the day~ ‘You are STRONGER than you know, BRAVER than you believe and SMARTER than you think you are’ ❤️
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Wednesday 7th November 2018-

Hi all,

So today I had only two lessons and a tutorial as it was a half day at Hartpury. For the two lessons, I had double history where I learnt more about the women’s suffrage movement before the world war. I was also shown the years in which different countries gave women the vote and was surprised at many of them. I then had tutorial where I had to do some quizzes ready for my work experience in which I have to complete during the last week of the college year as a part of the ‘Hartpury experience’ . I had lunch then for the rest of the day, I did study which basically means u get all ur work done. I personally brushed up my accents and dialects presentation due tomorrow in English Language with my friend and managed to do my History (Spain) glossary ready for Friday. I then went home instead of going to the gym (which I usually go to every Wednesday at least) so I guess I’m going to have to find time after my ‘awards evening’ thing at my old school tomorrow 😐.

I wanted to take the chance as it is stress awareness day to say to anyone who is feeling stressed, we have all been through it at one time or another so your not alone. And if you do feel alone please feel free to privately message me if I can in any way help, even if it just means talking to you. One piece of advice I can give is to not give up and to remember how far you’ve come. Remember to take a breather at points and if you don’t get something from the off, that’s ok. Because you will work on it, you couldn’t walk straight away because you had to work on it. Please remember that you are not alone and that there are people that are here for you.
Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl❤️🙈

Quote of the day~ ‘ She knew that she would be ok so she didn’t let it get in her way, sometimes it all gets a little too much but you gotta realise that soon the fog will clear up and you don’t have to be ok cause we’re all the same and we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much’
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Thursday 8th November 2018-

Hi all,

So today I had a full day at Hartpury meaning 5 hours worth of lessons cut in half by an hours worth of lunch. First lesson I had English Language for a double where in the first lesson, I worked on my English Language identity essay and in the second lesson I did my presentation about west county accents including where originated and where it’s still used today! Next I had a history lesson where we learnt about the militancy of strikes starting 1910 and going on til 1914. I then did some study during lunch for my psychology lesson. The last two lessons were psychology lessons about some of the approaches used in psychology. After I got home from College, I had to go straight out to a deemed ‘celebrations evening at my old school where there was food, we were given our certificates for GCSEs and to hear a few speeches as well as to pick up my GCSE art work. It was quite nice to see a few people that I haven’t seen since I left school but all together, I felt like an outsider. I think it was because of my attitude but I enjoyed it either way and that’s it.

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Best of luck
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
Best of luck
Thank you very much.
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Phelpseygirl)
Thank you very much.
No problem at all
Mind giving my GYG a look xx
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
No problem at all
Mind giving my GYG a look xx
Will do xx
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Friday 9th November 2018-

Hi all.

Today was a half day at Hartpury meaning just three lessons. I had History (Spain) first where I learnt about how marriages and ambassadors were used by Ferdinand and Isabella to keep control of countries. Second and third lesson was English language but my first lesson of the two, I had a remembrance service. It was nice to see that so many turned up to this , forced or not. It was nice to see so many people who I thought wouldn’t take it seriously take it completely seriously (one even came in a suit). The second of the two lessons was spent on doing some more of our presentations. We then had a lunch and then I did study for the afternoon. In study I did my English Language identity essay which I still haven’t managed to finish yet! Even though I spent like 3 hrs on it today. This weekends going to be long. Anyway,
I then came home on the bus, arriving home at 5:30. I had tea and then went out to a youth group. So my day was pretty boring. Would love to hear how some of your days went though!

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
12th November 2018-

Hi all,

Hope you guys had a nice weekend. I’m sorry I didn’t post at all during the weekend but I really was super busy with fireworks, stuff happening big time at church on Sunday and writing my English Language identity essay. Anyway. Today was a half day at college so I had a single lesson on History planning an essay based on the danger field report thing. I then had double psychology where we looked at why we forget. I then had lunch then EPQ. Today in EPQ I started writing my questions for my project, researched some apps for video making and researched some more women. I then got home at 5:30 and then pretty much started working to finish off my English Language identity essay straight away. 2500 words odd and 4 pages later and I think I’ve exhausted all resources. Here’s hoping it’s good enough!

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈

Quote of the day ~ ‘I’m not trying to start a fire with this flame but I’m wondering if your heart might feel the same’
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th November 2018

Hi all,

I’m sorry I forgot to post yesterday but it was a full day so I will catch you up. Yesterday I had double psychology where we learnt about evaluating different studies. I then had a History (Spain) lesson where we learnt about Christopher Columbus. I then had double English in the afternoon where I handed in my identity essay and also learnt about language in politics. So fast forwarding to today, I had a half day where I had a double history (Britain) lesson where we learnt about using primary sources and evaluating their uses. I then had tutor where we went through some forms and stuff we needed to get done. After that I had an extended lunch (2hrs instead of 1) and then had study for the afternoon which went pretty fast. I went straight to the gym after college and will probably regret it tomorrow as I definitely worked myself. Sorry for the short post.

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈
Phelpseygirl
Rep:
?
Thursday 15th November-

Hi all.

So today was a full day at Hartpury. Five hours of lessons, 2 lessons of English Language, 1 lesson of history (Britain) and two lessons of psychology. In English Language we learnt more about accents and dialects and also looked at different paralinguistic features that politicians use such as Obama would lift his hands to show restarting of speech. In history, we learnt about the cause of World War One and the alliances between countries. In psychology we had a fun day and therefore made brain hats to help us with the biological approach and did some true or false. We then watched a video called ‘the angel of death football players’ where a person breaks their neck and dies during a football match but carries on moving, doing multiple flips. It was gruesome but cool. Other than that today’s been pretty boring.

Until tomorrow,
Phelpseygirl ❤️🙈

Quote for the day~ ‘ pain but I won’t let it turn into hate. No I won’t let it change me’ - Shawn Mendes ft Khalid / Youth ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads