Doesn't having sex before marriage kill the excitement? Watch

username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a virgin and waiting till i get married so this is from MY point of view so be nice.
I often see couples cohabiting or having sex before marriage and THEN marrying years down the line (if they do) but to me, marriage is a whole new chapter with the person you love. whats the point of doing EVERYTHING before marriage. all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two as husband and wife.

Also, I am aware that some of you will say "what if you're not sexually compatible"? but its all down to luck I guess. There are millions of couples who waited till marriage and are happy in the bedroom so that statement holds no value to me.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why does marriage have to trigger the new chapter with the person you love? surely you saying that all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two together is an arguement saying that we should have sex before marriage? since marriage doesnt change much? i dont really see why anyone would wait for a moment that could never come, if you have things to look forward to it stops you from being happy, for most people who believe in sex after marraige - if they knew they were going to die in 2 days, they would likely have sex with their partner even if they werent married. you could die anyday so i dont see why people would live life assuming that they will be alive next week.
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
why does marriage have to trigger the new chapter with the person you love? surely you saying that all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two together is an arguement saying that we should have sex before marriage? since marriage doesnt change much? i dont really see why anyone would wait for a moment that could never come, if you have things to look forward to it stops you from being happy, for most people who believe in sex after marraige - if they knew they were going to die in 2 days, they would likely have sex with their partner even if they werent married. you could die anyday so i dont see why people would live life assuming that they will be alive next week.
hmm never thought of that
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think the 'excitment' of sex is quite well maintained and that it is a bit risky (not to mention sexually frustrating) to wait until marriage until you get to know someone intimately. I did know a girl who had many boyfriends and an enviable sex life who said to she would never live with a guy prior to marriage as she wanted to save something as special for married life.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
i find it interesting as the whole idea of no pre-marital sex was in a time where people married young, i'm not sure how that would be in our modern world
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
I think the 'excitment' of sex is quite well maintained and that it is a bit risky (not to mention sexually frustrating) to wait until marriage until you get to know someone intimately. I did know a girl who had many boyfriends and an enviable sex life who said to she would never live with a guy prior to marriage as she wanted to save something as special for married life.
well atleast shes saving something lol. cohabiting makes no sense to me.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nope.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
I'm a virgin and waiting till i get married so this is from MY point of view so be nice.
I often see couples cohabiting or having sex before marriage and THEN marrying years down the line (if they do) but to me, marriage is a whole new chapter with the person you love. whats the point of doing EVERYTHING before marriage. all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two as husband and wife.

Also, I am aware that some of you will say "what if you're not sexually compatible"? but its all down to luck I guess. There are millions of couples who waited till marriage and are happy in the bedroom so that statement holds no value to me.
You gotta try before you buy
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You gotta try before you buy
lmaooooo I can only pray me and my future husband are sexually compatible
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lmaooooo I can only pray me and my future husband are sexually compatible
And if not...?
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
And if not...?
im sure there are a thousand different ways both partners can receive pleasure
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im sure there are a thousand different ways both partners can receive pleasure
Yeah by doing it yourself. But if you aren't sexually compatible then you won't be able to pleasure each other. Imo these are the things you need to find out before you get married.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

well im virgin for religious reasons and im also worried about the chance of unwanted pregancy
omg the sexually compatible one always gets me like you both have genitals so what more🙄

plus I feel with the more partners you have the more you will be comparing etc 🙃
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
This is fine for two people who both like boring vanilla sex but if one person is much more adventerous than the other it does ruin things eventually.
true say,
but I guess I would talk about sexual prefrences before hand
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marriage is in itself a pretty outdated concept. The idea that a piece of paper and a religious ceremony (in a country thats predominantly atheist..) qualifies a couple to lie with one another is, too old fashioned to believe.

But if it’s what somebody wants to do, let em. If that’s what you wanna do, @OP, go for it.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
true say,
but I guess I would talk about sexual prefrences before hand
If you're both virgins then you won't know what your sexual preferences are. You can guess but you won't know for sure
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah. It’s all about being halal in the streets and super, dirty haram in the sheets.
md_meridius2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well atleast shes saving something lol. cohabiting makes no sense to me.
I am very much pro cohabitation. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t live with the person before you got married. Often this is the best way to see what your married life will be like and it will be a true test of your relationship and compatibility. Living with someone in close proximity every day for a period of time will tell you if you are completely compatible and if you should get married or not. After all, you don’t want to marry someone and then find out that they’re lazy, don’t want to help with chores, squander money etc.
Leti-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sex isn't the foundation of a marriage or relationship so it shouldn't be a problem if someone does have sex. Exploring sex with your partner should always be fun anyway, I've already lost my virginity and it's just exciting to me when I do have sex but I don't sit in lustful rapture all of the time. I have a friend who loves having sex with her boyfriend and never gets bored of it but it's not the center of their relationship.
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
omg the sexually compatible one always gets me like you both have genitals so what more🙄
Bad and unfulfilling sex can completely destroy a relationship. Remaining in a relationship with someone you're sexually incompatible with can also negatively impact a person's self-esteem and mental health.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (372)
58.95%
Yes- I don't like it (34)
5.39%
No- I want it (180)
28.53%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.13%

Watched Threads