The Student Room Group

Terrible flatmate

Hi, i'm a new Uni student this year, and i got arranged into a hall with 7 neighbours, when i first arrived everything turned out great, everyone's friendly and we do share fun things together every day during the first week.

But as days gone past, the real issue starting to appear. One of the flatmates is a middle-aged Indian guy, he pretends to be a friendly guy at the Uni but it's completely different at the hall... he loves to leave all his dishes aside for hours after eating, and there's always curry food residue on the table and benches (he's the only person in the flat that cooks curry). He doesn't really sleep at night since another he was always playing Indian music loudly until 5 am, and sometimes he smokes the hookah in his room causing the terrible smell goes all over the corridor and kitchen, and clearly, he doesn't know how to poop properly as i saw there are brown poop stains on the shared toilet a few days ago just after he used it.He basically treats the flat agreement as scrap. Me and the other 2 male flatmates already hate him very much (female flatmates don't really care as they have a separated toilet upstairs, and they don't really use the kitchen)

and one day when i was at the kitchen cooking, he came up to me suddenly and said i need to be careful on what i said and i need to respect him since he's much older than me. He then gave me life lessons, but i just replied with random words since it's not worth listening to a guy that don't hand in assignments at all, can't even manage his own life, and had a divorce before.

It's just about 1.5 months since Uni started and all these terrible stuff happened on me already, and the situation didn't improve at all after the accommodation people reminded him, and he always lied to us whenever we talk with him about the mess he created, and all the male flatmates want him to be kicked away.I'm getting very frustrated now and not sure what i can do....
(edited 5 years ago)
Tbh it sounds like he just doesn't care. Are you in halls? If so call security every time he plays music late at night and every time he smokes inside.
Reply 2
Original post by doodle_333
Tbh it sounds like he just doesn't care. Are you in halls? If so call security every time he plays music late at night and every time he smokes inside.

he's just a cunning guy, now every time when he smokes hookah he'll make a cup of coffee, so the strong smell of coffee will cover up the smoking smell. Plus I think calling security doesn't work since he'll just switch off everything before they arrived
Original post by Subbieboi
he's just a cunning guy, now every time when he smokes hookah he'll make a cup of coffee, so the strong smell of coffee will cover up the smoking smell. Plus I think calling security doesn't work since he'll just switch off everything before they arrived

How would he know you've called them though?
Or if he does do this record it happening so then you have evidence
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
How would he know you've called them though?
Or if he does do this record it happening so then you have evidence

Yea i will find the RA people again for a third flat meet and hopefully, that guy will stop, if not then probably kicking him out of the hall is the only option.
Yea i will find the RA people again for a third flat meet and hopefully, that guy will stop, if not then probably kicking him out of the hall is the only option.

You won't have that authority to kick him out though?
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
You won't have that authority to kick him out though?

the RAs can info the uni and let them make this decision.
the RAs can info the uni and let them make this decision.

Ah right I suppose so.

IIf they knock on his door they'll smell smoke. And how would he know they're coming?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending