Girls getting defensive about being called sluts Watch

This discussion is closed.
AnxiousAtypical
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Why do girls in general tend to get defensive and in denial when they called called a slut likes it’s the worst to be called in the world. If you sleep with a lot of people then you’re a slut, facts don’t care about your feelings.

The shameless term ‘slut shaming’ typically used by feminists and sluts themselves to silence anyone who feel the truth. It should not respected as term and the same I could the term ‘Islamophobe’ that’s clearly invented by lefties and self-oppressed Muslims.

I clear understand when a girl who’s not a slut and wrongly gets called slut but I’m on about girls who are blatantly sluts get all defensive and sentimental. You know the type of girls who’d twerk to that Rihanna song, go the gym only for booty gains, thinking having an attitude problem makes them sexy and posting generic photos on Instagram posing on a hotel bed with wine glass on their hand
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"The shameless term ‘slut shaming’ typically"

"facts don’t care about your feelings".... "to silence anyone who feel the truth"

I see what you did there.
Vjaders
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's just rude and none of your business lol if women wanna have sex let them same way if men want to have sex let them. Their sex life has nothing to do with you.
AnxiousAtypical
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vjaders)
it's just rude and none of your business lol if women wanna have sex let them same way if men want to have sex let them. Their sex life has nothing to do with you.
I’m not biased. It’s wrong for both and women
Vjaders
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AnxiousAtypical)
but why is it your problem? i dont understand. Also you're gonna bring islamaphobia into this? Something that is obviously an issue, you're either a troll or a bitter virgin who hates the world.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
There's nothing wrong with having lots of sex. If it's safe and consensual then it's fine. They don't like being insulted or labeled. Don't provoke people and then take the piss out of them when they respond, it's immature.
Krisis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because it is used disparagingly. The term used to mean pretty much a prostitute, it is meant to be offensive.
Vjaders
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with you there, that's horrific, but that's different to what i'm talking about. First off it's completely unrelated to slut shaming, secondly not all muslims perform those actions. People group all muslims into being slobs or terrorists however they're not. I agree that the countries who perform those actions need to be stopped however Islamophobia is against al muslims similar to racists and homophobes, they're against everyone who fits the description. You didn't describe Islamophobia you just raised points on how the government in certain countries is wrong and needs to be fixed.

I'm also not in uni.
Last edited by Vjaders; 1 year ago
kazzykat95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
alternative title: "people getting defensive about being called insults"
also why do you care so much if they are "sluts", it's not your life after all
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go back to Reddit, incel.
byeongkwans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do girls in general tend to get defensive and in denial when they called called a slut likes it’s the worst to be called in the world. If you sleep with a lot of people then you’re a slut, facts don’t care about your feelings.

The shameless term ‘slut shaming’ typically used by feminists and sluts themselves to silence anyone who feel the truth. It should not respected as term and the same I could the term ‘Islamophobe’ that’s clearly invented by lefties and self-oppressed Muslims.

I clear understand when a girl who’s not a slut and wrongly gets called slut but I’m on about girls who are blatantly sluts get all defensive and sentimental. You know the type of girls who’d twerk to that Rihanna song, go the gym only for booty gains, thinking having an attitude problem makes them sexy and posting generic photos on Instagram posing on a hotel bed with wine glass on their hand
It's because of the double standards. Boys who sleep around don't get called sluts, it's just viewed as normal. However if girls get s*** for sleeping around, guys should too. A woman being confident in her sexuality is nothing to be ashamed about, I'm a virgin and abstaining but each to their own. I'm not going to judge others for THEIR choices
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because it's intented as an insult... The entire point of calling someone a slut is to suggest they're a bad person for enjoying sex and should be ashamed for doing so, but there's no reason to be so - sex is fun, so as long as all parties involved consent, do what you want.
AnxiousAtypical
Rep:
?
(Original post by chooseanother)
It's because of the double standards. Boys who sleep around don't get called sluts, it's just viewed as normal. However if girls get s*** for sleeping around, guys should too. A woman being confident in her sexuality is nothing to be ashamed about, I'm a virgin and abstaining but each to their own. I'm not going to judge others for THEIR choices
So it’s perfectly okay to make fun of someone for being a virgin which is common?
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

So a girl who has lots of sex is called a slut and a guy who does the same is admired....
kazzykat95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it’s not all about looks however if you’re good looking and outgoing you get far more privileges in this ****house unfair society
damn i guess we live in a society
Snfkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you watch Ben Shapiro? I can feel his aura seeing off of you, lmao. Not that I mind him, but this post is just odd.

As user above me said, why would anyone get offended by insults? “Slut” is meant to be an insult. You will inevitably insult someone by using it.

Plus, there seems to be no male equivalent for the word, which is a little unfair.
AnxiousAtypical
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snfkin)
Do you watch Ben Shapiro? I can feel his aura seeing off of you, lmao. Not that I mind him, but this post is just odd.

As user above me said, why would anyone get offended by insults? “Slut” is meant to be an insult. You will inevitably insult someone by using it.

Plus, there seems to be no male equivalent for the word, which is a little unfair.
Who’s Ben Shapiro?
The_Retro_Chick
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Snfkin)

A**hole, f*ck boy, player, man whore, and ive also used the term, ‘slut’ for men.
muledeer78
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They get defensive because the word slut is an insult. It isn't just the term for a woman that has slept with a lot of men. It's a way of saying a woman has slept with a lot of men and also insulting them for it. If you look up the dictionary definition it says derogatory next to it. So I think it's pretty obvious why women would get defensive after being insulted, especially since it's something quite personal.
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If people didn’t use it to insult us then I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t care. But it’s hurtful to call a girl a slut if you’re judging her on her choices and not upholding the same standards to men as well.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (75)
73.53%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
14.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (12)
11.76%

Watched Threads