The Student Room Group

The Beatles

I’m a huge fan, any other Beatles fans on here??
Original post by Doctor Robert

ooh me :hi:
moved your thread to Music :flute:

@04MR17 is also a big fan :yy:
Original post by 04MR17
hi

:hi:
Reply 4
They were OK mostly, but they would have been far better if they'd not split. If they'd gone on into the 1970s and gone past all the cutesy 60s stuff - they were ahead of the game in many ways but just missed the mark.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
ooh me :hi:
moved your thread to Music :flute:

@04MR17 is also a big fan :yy:

Original post by 04MR17
hi

Hi! What’s your favourite song and album?
Original post by Tootles
They were OK mostly, but they would have been far better if they'd not split. If they'd gone on into the 1970s and gone past all the cutesy 60s stuff - they were ahead of the game in many ways but just missed the mark.

Interesting opinion. What type of thing could we have expected?
Hi! What’s your favourite song and album?
Song: Help!
Album: at the moment it's Sergeant Pepper, changes all the time.
"Wings - the band The Beatles could have been". Alan Partridge.
Original post by uberteknik
"Wings - the band The Beatles could have been". Alan Partridge.

Haha
Original post by 04MR17

Mines:

Song Tomorrow never knows
Album: sgt pepper
Interesting opinion. What type of thing could we have expected?
I imagine they might have gone in a bit of a Led Zeppelin -ish musical direction, with some of the lyrical cleverness of the Roger Waters -led era of Pink Floyd, with maybe some elements of Deep Purple and Jethro Tull, both melodically and lyrically. Basically I think they would have become massive pathfinders in prog rock.
Original post by 04MR17
I have an original Compact Cassette of Sgt Pepper, got it off eBay for £5. One of the luckiest purchases I ever made. I also have an original LP of it somewhere.
Original post by Tootles
I have an original Compact Cassette of Sgt Pepper, got it off eBay for £5. One of the luckiest purchases I ever made. I also have an original LP of it somewhere.

I’ve an original lp too
Reply 14
No. Forced down your throat here, can't even go for a bev down Mathew St without being force fed Beatles tracks in every single ****ing bar.
A great band, obviously, but if you want to hear some genius rock like they came up with from 1968-1970, try the far less famous Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by The Small Faces.

Yes - me - I have a lot of their original vinyls including a mis-labelled EP. I also like the Small Faces, Cream and other sixties bands :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
Yes - me - I have a lot of their original vinyls including a mis-labelled EP. I also like the Small Faces, Cream and other sixties bands :smile:

........and don't forget 70's era cartoon series! Green dogs like great music. :-)
I Am the Walrus is the one true Beatles Banger™

Quick Reply