The Student Room Group

I don't understand this girl's behavior

I'm male and at uni and a girl approached me at the end of a lecture at the beginning of last week. We have very similar interests so got talking and met up at the weekend and it was extremely obvious that we were both attracted to each other. She also randomly messaged me in the middle of the night for several nights in a row just to try and start a flirty messenger conversation. Earlier this week she also asked me out and we made plans for the weekend - all initiated by her, I wasn't pushing it at all, but I like her so agreed to her plans. Her friends also acted weirdly around me in a way that makes it obvious that they know she's attracted to me. So this all seems very straightforward and normal behaviour and easy to interpret.

But a few days ago, she suddenly started actively avoiding me and leaving lectures as quickly as possible, responding to messages in a perfectly civilised but brief and functional way, and also made some clearly manufactured excuses to cancel plans (which she suggested initially) for the weekend. I don't get this sudden change in behaviour at all, especially as it doesn't correspond to me doing anything at all differently. If she's not interested in me anymore then I'll just accept that and move on, but I'm not sure and I really don't understand her behaviour.

I've never been the best at understanding subtleties in human behaviour or working out what people are thinking - I would much rather people just told me exactly what they think/want - so I would appreciate the input of someone who's better at this than I am!
For some reason, she's lost interest. She might be seeing someone else, or just like flirting. Don't take it personally, some people just have very short attention spans and lose interest easily. Don't waste your time on her.
Probably something you did or said that turned her off, that’s all I can think of from what you’ve written.

Either that or you overestimated her attraction level, which is also often the case with most guys.

She could also be structured.

If I were you I would back off and let her get in touch. When/if she does, just ask her out and make definite date.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending