The Student Room Group

Help?

Hey. I'm just about to finish my A levels This year and tbh their not going to well. My overall career goal is to join the RAF, but the thing is i dont think i want to do this yet. I just feel... Abit young??? So yeah, even if i did get good enough grades uni didnt really appeal to me. A year out does, i'm just finding it hard to find something that i could do for a year that will be worthwhile and create abit of money for me. Any Idea's i can't really afford a travelling gap year. So im thinking more of jobs.
Reply 1
Okay. Let me rephrase that. What kind of jobs can i get for a year that will be of okay pay? How much for the year should i expect on average?
Whatever you can get really. I hear admin jobs/call centres are okay money.
If you are taking a year out, make sure that you keep up with all the additional things the RAF are looking for, eg teamwork, leadership, fitness, adventure etc. They won't be impressed if you've taken time out and not done anything constructive for your career.
Reply 4
also be careful if you are planning on leaving the UK for your "year out". Some gov departments won't accept you if you have not been resident in the UK for the last 3 years - it's all to do with vetting.

Latest

Trending

Trending