Predicted grades

Watch this thread
danixoxno1o-d
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My science and french predicted grades will probably be around grade 5 however my other subjects will be grade 7/8/9 will this prevent me from getting into a grammar school?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danixoxno1o-d)
My science and french predicted grades will probably be around grade 5 however my other subjects will be grade 7/8/9 will this prevent me from getting into a grammar school?
Depends.
Have you looked at the target schools entrance requirements? You might still be able to put in a good application and they will take other things into account. I wouldnt worry and just get on with getting the best grades you can.
danixoxno1o-d
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Depends.
Have you looked at the target schools entrance requirements? You might still be able to put in a good application and they will take other things into account. I wouldnt worry and just get on with getting the best grades you can.
Okay thank you !
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I got to a grammar school (Y13). What some external students in my year did was call up the school on results day if they had good GCSE results, and my school let them in, even though they weren't offered a place at the start.
noodlewater
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It really shouldn't matter, as long as you're not planning to study french or science at a-level. If you want to do that, you might need a 6 or 7...
But yeah, check the entry requirements and try and do the best you can
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lots of schools only look at your top 6 to 8 exam results or take an average - or just look at the subjects you're taking for A Level. For example, my local grammar school takes an average of your 8 top exam marks and if it is a 7 or higher then you get in (which is definitely achievable for you).
It does vary from school to school, but as long as you get good grades in the subjects you want to take for A level, then it should be alright.
Good luck, and remember that you have plenty of time to work on your marks anyway
danixoxno1o-d
Rep:
(Original post by awanderingpixel)
Lots of schools only look at your top 6 to 8 exam results or take an average - or just look at the subjects you're taking for A Level. For example, my local grammar school takes an average of your 8 top exam marks and if it is a 7 or higher then you get in (which is definitely achievable for you).
It does vary from school to school, but as long as you get good grades in the subjects you want to take for A level, then it should be alright.
Good luck, and remember that you have plenty of time to work on your marks anyway
Thanks !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
33.94%
The paper was reasonable (43)
39.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
16.51%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
10.09%

Watched Threads