The Student Room Group

My rocky way through year 10...

Hi everyone!
Sooo... I am new to this Grow your Grades thing... I know my title isn't the most creative but can you please acknowledge how hard it is to think of a title? :smile: Anyway, I am currently in Year 10 in the Cie IGCSE system... in Germany! I will try to blog every week, including all my juggle between extracurricular activities and school :tongue: The year is already off to a, well, let's say, questionable start... :redface: :s-smilie:

My subjects:

Spoiler

What I do outside of school :s-smilie:

Spoiler

See more down below :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hallo! Titles are extremely hard to think of (jesus mine is the most unrelated thing to school I could have thought of), but if you get something you like - you're good to go!
Good luck! Which texts are you studying in English lit and which periods are you studying in History?
wow im jealous of all your extracurriculars!
good luck with year 10, and enjoy it while you still can!
Reply 4
I know I posted yesterday too but I just wanted to give a quick overview of my last half-term (in which I didn't start my GYG yet :wink:). As I already mentioned above, my grades up until now weren't the best, especially in English. Basically, we are doing our three English Language Courseworks at the start of the year. Right now we are working on the final draft of the first one.
Coursework 1:

Spoiler

Coursework 2:

Spoiler

Coursework 3:

Spoiler

For me, being an A-pupil, receiving all these bad grades was a shock, especially because I actually thought I didn't do that bad. But added to all the trouble with English, I discovered it was a craaaaazzzzyyyyy decision to take history!

History IGCSE is sosososooooo much! You need to basically know 8 topics off by heart and then get your head around essay writing!! :s-smilie:

Otherwise, my half-term grades weren't that bad. I had straight A's, but I think I could have still done better both in History, where I just scraped the A, and obviously in English were I only got an A with a looooooot of help :frown:

See you guys soon!

P.S. who else is having trouble with history essays??
Reply 5
Original post by LeapingLucy
Good luck! Which texts are you studying in English lit and which periods are you studying in History?

We're reading "Cry, the beloved country" but haven't started yet cuz of all the Courseworks. We're starting next Tuesday tho. I'll comment on how it is next week :smile:
In History, we're doing the 20th century set so:

Spoiler

Then a depth study but we haven't voted which one yet
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mez_merising
wow im jealous of all your extracurriculars!
good luck with year 10, and enjoy it while you still can!

Thank u! Am I enjoying it right now??? :s-smilie:
Original post by lilg3
Thank u! Am I enjoying it right now??? :s-smilie:

haha you’ll be fine x

Quick Reply

Latest