theuncannyshi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I finished my personal statement a month ago and sent it to uni of Manchester (not through UCAS) and now I’m just finishing up my UCAS application but when I put my personal statement into UCAS it changes font and doesn’t look like it includes the line space between each paragraph. I can’t change my personal statement as I’ve sent it through an unofficial route to man uni + when I sent it to them my line count was 43 and 3991 characters in Times New Roman size 11.
Apparently UCAS have a specific font of TMR and size 12 but if I did that it’d take my lines up to 48 unless I aligned it to central(apparently not allowed?) instead of left. Does anyone know?
Im stressedddd
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by theuncannyshi)
I finished my personal statement a month ago and sent it to uni of Manchester (not through UCAS) and now I’m just finishing up my UCAS application but when I put my personal statement into UCAS it changes font and doesn’t look like it includes the line space between each paragraph. I can’t change my personal statement as I’ve sent it through an unofficial route to man uni + when I sent it to them my line count was 43 and 3991 characters in Times New Roman size 11.
Apparently UCAS have a specific font of TMR and size 12 but if I did that it’d take my lines up to 48 unless I aligned it to central(apparently not allowed?) instead of left. Does anyone know?
Im stressedddd
Well, first of all, trying to bypass UCAS is not likely to be a wise move.

Your PS is simply too big for UCAS, where the limit that is most important is the 47-line one. 3990 character will not fit into this if you want it to be readable, with blank lines between paragraphs (as you should). The UCAS system strips out all special formating except new lines, and that includes multiple consecutive spaces and tab characters.

See my profile for advice on paragraphs in the PS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads