The Student Room Group

Submitting second personal statement?

So basically....

I've already submitted my UCAS application along with personal statement etc..
One university has got back to me and requested another personal statement once I complete my work experience. They have also requested my GSCE qualifications.

I'm not fully clued up on the whole UCAS thingy so would just like to know if anyone else has had similar experiance with universites asking this. I kind of feel like this new personal statement and the request of GCSE qualifications defeats the purpose of my UCAS application in the first place. I realise it makes me sound lazy sounding like I don't want to do it but I will.
Or is this just to make it harder for those they don't want to apply?

Any comments will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Never actually heard of a uni doing this. What course is it?
I assume you referenced that you were going to do some more work experience in your PS, so they probably want to know what you gained from it.
I don't know why they have asked for GCSE's as I assume you filled it in on UCAS? Unless they are asking for physical proof?
Original post by JackDn9
So basically....

One university has got back to me and requested another personal statement once I complete my work experience. They have also requested my GSCE qualifications.

I'm not fully clued up on the whole UCAS thingy so would just like to know if anyone else has had similar experiance with universites asking this. I kind of feel like this new personal statement and the request of GCSE qualifications defeats the purpose of my UCAS application in the first place. I realise it makes me sound lazy sounding like I don't want to do it but I will.

Thanks

It sounds like they are giving you a second chance to meet their requirements instead of just rejecting you.
Reply 3
o
Original post by JackDn9
So basically....

Thanks

you are a very lucky person as usually unis will reject you if work experience is not completed before 15th oct but you are getting a second chance so use it

can you tell me which course and uni this happened for
Reply 4
Original post by Adi2002
o
you are a very lucky person as usually unis will reject you if work experience is not completed before 15th oct but you are getting a second chance so use it

can you tell me which course and uni this happened for

Original post by AzureCeleste
Never actually heard of a uni doing this. What course is it?
I assume you referenced that you were going to do some more work experience in your PS, so they probably want to know what you gained from it.
I don't know why they have asked for GCSE's as I assume you filled it in on UCAS? Unless they are asking for physical proof?

I've applied for Physiotherapy and it was Oxford Brookes who want me to submit another personal statement after my work experiance. They've even given me till the end of December to complete it. Teeside have offered me an interview and just waiting to here back from the other 3 universities. Each to their own I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending