would you call someone who was ugly, ugly? (as a joke)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
alevels2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
this is a very random question but you know when (for example) you see a picture of a monster or something and you tell your friend 'that's you' etc. Would you ever tell someone who you weren't SUPER close with but like friends with that they were unattractive? Im probably not making much sense so if you don't understand, I'm sorry. The main purpose of the Q is 'would you call someone who was ugly, ugly?'
Allie4
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Not intentionally but my first ever real boyfriend was a guy that I found attractive but he was someone who was usually classified as being ugly/unattractive, for the simple reason that he didn't have amazing looks. And he always used to call himself ugly which I hated. But I'm not going to sit here and act as though I'm perfect, I always avoided calling him ugly but during our biggest argument where we were throwing insults at each other left, right and centre I ended up calling him ugly out of anger and the way his face dropped after I said it I will never forget. It honestly killed me and kills me to this day. So no, don't ever hit someone with something they are insecure about (even though he did take a jab at me the same way, insulting something that I felt insecure about so thats the only reason why I did it).

edit - oh wait, you said as a joke. no i wouldn't
Last edited by Allie4; 3 years ago
Roindiana28
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No because it might bring up old wounds, like calling someone chubby who used to be fat.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not ugly, I'm no super model myself.
If they were evil or venomous- I would consider blood sucking parasite, crocodile, snake or lizard.
I'mCookieMonster
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Roindiana28)
No because it might bring up old wounds, like calling someone chubby who used to be fat.
I agree with the above- you don't know if you would be bringing up someone's biggest insecurity plus words always get twisted so it may not be received the way you intended it to.
Humble Ahm
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No. But us guys take it as our responsibility of repeatedly reminding our friend that he is getting fat (fat is not ugly).
Zero128
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 13 hours ago
No. Because saying someone is ugly even as a joke can be very offensive and hurtful to many people. Its like any other insult such as being called an idiot or useless, feels like someone stabbed you with a knife to the chest.
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 13 hours ago
Of course not, I would question the morals of anyone calling someone else 'ugly'.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're applying to uni for 2022, do you know how student finance works?

Yes, I'm fully clued up (43)
11.68%
I have some idea but need to do a bit more research (138)
37.5%
I have no idea (181)
49.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.63%

Watched Threads