The Student Room Group

My best friend hates my boyfriend

Now i'm getting so pissed, My best friend does not support me dating someone what so ever. Yes we're long distance, no she doesnt support long distance. Soon as i told her she got herself a new crush (Probably to fit in with me). Soon as i started to talk about him she started saying stuff like "Omg Shut up" I showed her pictures of him, texts, you get the idea (you know so she get what he is like) Hate turned on her, and she hates my boyfriend through every cell of his body. I have no flippin idea why! Jealously! Maybe...

She's now saying mean things about him over text to me, and of course me being the girlfriend go all mad at her, because of course i would hate people saying **** things about my boyfriend. It's getting out of hand. My boyfriend hates her too...

Either it's revenge or Support, on what to do .

Any ideas? (NO Hate please...I've had enough)

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Now i'm getting so pissed, My best friend does not support me dating someone what so ever. Yes we're long distance, no she doesnt support long distance. Soon as i told her she got herself a new crush (Probably to fit in with me). Soon as i started to talk about him she started saying stuff like "Omg Shut up" I showed her pictures of him, texts, you get the idea (you know so she get what he is like) Hate turned on her, and she hates my boyfriend through every cell of his body. I have no flippin idea why! Jealously! Maybe...

She's now saying mean things about him over text to me, and of course me being the girlfriend go all mad at her, because of course i would hate people saying **** things about my boyfriend. It's getting out of hand. My boyfriend hates her too...

Either it's revenge or Support, on what to do .

Any ideas? (NO Hate please...I've had enough)

Thank you :smile:

Stop calling her your best friend, stop talking to her, block her, and get her out of your life. You don't need people like that.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Stop calling her your best friend, stop talking to her, block her, and get her out of your life. You don't need people like that.

Some people might say that you should Draw The Line.:banana::banana:.
How old are you and your friend? If you're still teenagers it's not uncommon for the best friend to become jealous over the fact they're no longer the only important person in your life. It's something she'll eventually get used to.
Maybe it's not jealousy and she actually cares for you? I don't have a lot of context. Especially if it's long distance.
If you've known your boyfriend for a short amount of time and your best friend for a much longer time, I don't think your long distance relationship is worth that
Sounds like jealousy... I’m assuming you are both young. If she ever makes you choose between her or your boyfriend, don’t choose her
maybe she is a lesbian and is secretly in love with you
Well that's good, she's not dating him is she.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
How old are you and your friend? If you're still teenagers it's not uncommon for the best friend to become jealous over the fact they're no longer the only important person in your life. It's something she'll eventually get used to.

We're both teens. Yeah hopefully she will get used to it. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by karl pilkington
maybe she is a lesbian and is secretly in love with you

Hey maybe maybe Lol
Very very true.
Original post by ingrownhair
Sounds like jealousy... I’m assuming you are both young. If she ever makes you choose between her or your boyfriend, don’t choose her

Thanks, I won't. :smile:

Original post by daaudm
Maybe it's not jealousy and she actually cares for you? I don't have a lot of context. Especially if it's long distance.
If you've known your boyfriend for a short amount of time and your best friend for a much longer time, I don't think your long distance relationship is worth that

I've known him for a year, And we just "Clicked" I've known her for about 10 years, I do have that thought. But it's getting on my nerves and it's hurting me that she is saying all these mean stuff about him to me! I dont know. Maybe your right she just want's whats best for me i just wish she could show it in a different way than this.
Original post by Anonymous
We're both teens. Yeah hopefully she will get used to it. :smile:

I remember once my best friend got with a real bad guy once. I knew her enough to know that whatever I say won't make a difference so I just stuck by her side and supported her, hoping she'd see sense sooner rather than later. But other friends started saying real mean stuff about him to her.
So maybe you should just ask your friend, what is it that bothers her about him? If there's a solid reason, ask her to give it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending