The Student Room Group

Transfer to course in January 2019

My son is currently in his first year at uni and is struggling with the course. He has found another course and the tutors are receptive of him joining however he has missed the deadline for transfer and has been advised to withdraw and apply for sept 2019. He is very upset about this as he wants to be in uni. We have found the course he wants to change onto has another start date in January 2019. Would he be able to transfer onto the course in January or does he have to leave and start the whole student finance and accommodation application again? thank you for any advice you can offer.
Original post by ClareDW
My son is currently in his first year at uni and is struggling with the course. He has found another course and the tutors are receptive of him joining however he has missed the deadline for transfer and has been advised to withdraw and apply for sept 2019. He is very upset about this as he wants to be in uni. We have found the course he wants to change onto has another start date in January 2019. Would he be able to transfer onto the course in January or does he have to leave and start the whole student finance and accommodation application again? thank you for any advice you can offer.

Sept 2019 seems sensible. he would be a fair bit behind now.
No reason to be upset, he just has to deal with it as he made the choices that got him where he is.

You will need to ask if they will take him for Jan start, sometimes thats just for international students. Only they can say if they would accept him in jan.

Yes you will need to sort it out by formally withdrawing from university. You will need to arrange student finance and the accommodation again.
As there is no detail as to what course , which uni etc its very hard to say what you are dealing with.

I would chill out better he goes on a course he likes than one which makes him miserable. he better get it right though as sfe will not fund another change or resits without compelling reasons after this.
Reply 2
Thank you 999tigger for your reply. The uni is Coventry and course is Product Design. He has asked the tutor if he can sit in on a couple of lectures as this may help him make a final choice. Yes he needs to make the right decision once and for all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending