Nussurally
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Dear friends,

I am a qualified Port Security Officer working for the Mauritius Ports Authority since 8 years and I have completed the BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Security Management at the Perpetuity Training UK in July 2017 with the intention to upgrade in my studies and career.

But unfortunately I am having a dilemma to get the Recognition of the Diploma at the Mauritius Qualification Authority because the qualification is not on the database of Ofqual. It is a BTEC Self-Regulated Qualification by Pearson Education Ltd.

Therefore, I have contacted the Perpetuity Training and Pearson as well and both informed me that the BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Security Management is a Vocational Qualification recognised in the UK for employment or further studies in the University.

Pearson informed me that the reason they did not choose to put the BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Security Management on the Regulators 'Register of Regulated Qualifications' is simply because this qualification has been devlopped for specific purposes, especially for Perpetuity Training Academy in response to their particular need for a qualification in Security Management, where they had identified that there was no similar regulated provision available

Therefore, Pearson stated that the qualification offered by them as an Awarding Body, not nationally regulated by Ofqual or does not form part in the Regulated Qualification Framework of the UK, that does mean that the qualification is not recognised or accepted in the UK. They said the BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Security Management was developed using the same principles and quality standards that Pearson applies to all of his qualifications - whether they are regulated or not. Many Vocational Qualifications which fall under the SRF has been developed particularly to meet certain sector needs like the SRF BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Security Management, to develop higher skills in security when there is no regulated qualification under RQF in that level.

But the Policy of the Mauritius Qualification Authority to recognise a Qualification from the UK is that the Qualification must be regulated by Ofqual or if not it must be recognised by an Authority in the UK.

I need a clear clarification from your side mates regarding my case. a BTEC qualification awarded by awarding body in the UK recogised in the UK?

Kind Regards,

Mr. M. Kavim Riaz Nussurally
Mauritius
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (197)
24.29%