The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
listen to ur parents. :/
Original post by zp021103
listen to ur parents. :/

Surely a girl can choose to wear the hijab without being forced?
Reply 3
Original post by Professional G
Surely a girl can choose to wear the hijab without being forced?

Surely we can break the speed limit and kill someone without being forced otherwise?
The shaytaan is making you feel like this, that you should neglect the hijab don’t let him defeat you. Seek refuge in Allah from the shaytaan. You’re stronger than this.
Surely we can break the speed limit and kill someone without being forced otherwise?

What does that have to do with choosing to not wear a hijab :/
Reply 6
What does that have to do with choosing to not wear a hijab :/

Its not aboyt hijab its listening to parents like we listen to the law. Parents made her alive raised her gave her food clothes all that sh*t so you gotta respect
Original post by Anonymous
The shaytaan is making you feel like this, that you should neglect the hijab don’t let him defeat you. Seek refuge in Allah from the shaytaan. You’re stronger than this.

No - she's made a choice. No-one is 'making' her feel like this. She is choosing, because she has free will.
You know your parents better than us. If you’re confident they won’t disown you, beat you or kill you for taking it off then I’d say go for it. Ditch that oppressive cloth.
(edited 5 years ago)
Its not aboyt hijab its listening to parents like we listen to the law. Parents made her alive raised her gave her food clothes all that sh*t so you gotta respect

So if your parents hit you or force something, you cannot do anything about it? There are bad parents out there and we can’t know for sure what OP parents are like?

Wearing the hijab to pay back your parents deviates from the point of wearing a hijab. If she’s not happy with it, there’s no point in her wearing in it- I’m sure she can show her faith in another way
So if your parents hit you or force something, you cannot do anything about it? There are bad parents out there and we can’t know for sure what OP parents are like?

Then the parents arent treating her well and thus we deduce that she is not required to listen to them. However this is not the case as the parents are clearly not beating her, which is for some reason always associated with the hijab.
Original post by FlamingFlamango
Wearing the hijab to pay back your parents deviates from the point of wearing a hijab. If she’s not happy with it, there’s no point in her wearing in it- I’m sure she can show her faith in another way

That depends on whether she is religious because her parents or if she actually believes.
Is there a reason why you no longer want to wear it? Do try to gain some knowledge and understand why women wear it and are told to dress modestly before making a decision. There is no need to feel scared to tell your parents you shouldn’t be forced to wear it just tell them why you no longer want to wear it and hopefully they should understand you
However this is not the case as the parents are clearly not beating her, which is for some reason always associated with the hijab.

This is because we've had a huge number of posts from abused and scared muslim children who are mistreated at the hands of their parents after the child makes a choice which the parents disagree with, based on religious zealotry.
That depends on whether she is religious because her parents or if she actually believes.

True. But your earlier post implied that she should wear it because her parents have looked after her, which is wrong.
Original post by FlamingFlamango
True. But your earlier post implied that she should wear it because her parents have looked after her, which is wrong.

If she is only religious because her parents her then there is no need. If she is religious she should wear it for her religion and also to respect her parents.
Original post by Reality Check
This is because we've had a huge number of posts from abused and scared muslim children who are mistreated at the hands of their parents after the child makes a choice which the parents disagree with, based on religious zealotry.

Id imagine thats more to do with culture rather than religion. Most muslim are asian/african which is where kids get beaten.
Original post by Munirah hali
How do i tell ny parents on me not wanting to wear the hijab , should i feel Scared?

If you do not want to wear the peice of cloth on your head, dont. and you have no reason to feel scared because your parents should understand. I am a muslim myslef but i do not wear a scarf and if my parents made me wear one i would refuse. wearing a hijab should be for religious purposes ONLY and if you only wear it for the sake of your parents, you are wearing it for the wrong intentions. so dont wear something that makes you feel less confident or comfortble in public.
Reply 19
Welcome to Islam

Latest

Trending

Trending