The Student Room Group

Nationwide graduate scheme

Has anyone done the telephone interview for Nationwide grad scheme? If so, any advice on the questions asked?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGuy1
Has anyone done the telephone interview for Nationwide grad scheme? If so, any advice on the questions asked?

Thanks!

Have you done it? and advice?
Reply 2
I've got mine on the 2nd of Jan so if anyone has any advice that'd be great!
Reply 3
Original post by TheGuy10
I'm through to the final stage assessment centre. What scheme did you apply for?

I applied for Risk with Analyst as my second choice.

Congrats on getting through to the AC! Which programme did you apply for and when was your phone interview?
Reply 4
Sorry I meant I have done the final stage. I passed it for Risk but they told me that the scheme is full so they are looking into whether there is space on my second choice. How was your phone interview?

Ah that's annoying as that basically means I won't be able to get onto the Risk programme either if it's already full!

The phone interview was okay, I felt it was a bit short though and the interviewer didn't really probe much or ask follow up questions so towards the end I was trying to give longer answers.

However, congrats on passing your AC, when did you do yours?
I'm more just wondering if it was only me that they told it was full haha. If you pass then they'll just look into your second choice. Yeah I felt the same don't worry and so did the others at the assessment centre. I did mine assessment centre in mid November. Is there anything you want to know about the assessment centre?

Hiya I had my engagement call recently and now I'm waiting for the assessment centre date- What is the day like during the assessment centre and what sort of activities are planned any tips would be much appreciated?
Hi,

What scheme have you applied for? The assessement runs for about 4-5 hours and it made up of three exercises. The first one is the group activity which is an escape room. This is made up of problem solving exercises. The next exercise is a one on one interview which lasts around 45 minutes. The final exercise is an individual 'business-minded' presentation to one person. My advice is to be yourself, be confident and show the good side of yourself. In the group exercise, don't be too overpowered and be supportive. The rest is up to you. Good luck!

Thanks for the advise and insight. I've applied to the Technology Development Programme.
Reply 7
Original post by whizz-kid
Thanks for the advise and insight. I've applied to the Technology Development Programme.

TDP has slightly different AC. It will take around 4 hours and consist of -

Face to face strengths based interview (around 45m-1h)

Individual exercise (given loads of data, have to propose solution)

There will be around 6-8 people, some for placements, some for grad positions.

Be yourself, show enthusiasm about technology and be friendly.

I wish you good luck!

Btw, April or September intake?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by fobumif

I wish you good luck!

April intake, when did you go to the AC?
Reply 9
I had my TDP assessment centre last week, waiting to hear back but my case study assessor said my analysis was brilliant so I am optimistic. How did everyone else for the TDP AC find the case study?
I have been invited to the assessment centre stage but I chose Risk and Analyst.
How can the Risk stream be full already?
Anyone attending the assessment centre on 07/02/19?
Original post by Sae.HH
I had my TDP assessment centre last week, waiting to hear back but my case study assessor said my analysis was brilliant so I am optimistic. How did everyone else for the TDP AC find the case study?

no one cares bro, do u want us to piss our pants cos ur analysis went brilliant !
Reply 13
Original post by protienshake_
no one cares bro, do u want us to piss our pants cos ur analysis went brilliant !

I got the job, thanks for asking!
Not sure but if you look at there latest graduate scheme post on their website it says that Risk and Finance are full.

Hey, see at the assessment centre. How many people were doing the interview with you and the presentation?
Reply 15
Original post by Sae.HH
I got the job, thanks for asking!

Congrats on getting the job! Did you have to attend a second interview after the assessment centre?
Reply 16
Original post by fobumif

I wish you good luck!

Hello, did you have to attend a second interview after completing the assessment centre?
Reply 17
Original post by E243M
Congrats on getting the job! Did you have to attend a second interview after the assessment centre?

No the AC is the final round.
Reply 18
Original post by Sae.HH
No the AC is the final round.

Okay, cool. Thanks for replying.
Original post by E243M
Hello, did you have to attend a second interview after completing the assessment centre?

Have you attended your second interview? If so what was it like

Quick Reply

Latest