Xuyinn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone my history coursework is gonna be to what extent is the patrons the most important force in the development of Italian Renaissance. Do anyone has primary sources or historians that has argued the patrons WAS NOT the most important force? I really need the opposite side argument.

THANKS!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xuyinn)
Hi everyone my history coursework is gonna be to what extent is the patrons the most important force in the development of Italian Renaissance. Do anyone has primary sources or historians that has argued the patrons WAS NOT the most important force? I really need the opposite side argument.

THANKS!
Isnt this the sort of stuff you find out before deciding on your title?

You are just going to have to read some textbooks on patronage or the renaissance. When you cite people with opposing theories then it doesnt have to be diametrically opposed. It doesnt always fit as snugly as that and an historian who simply has a different spin on the situation os going to be just as valuable. from the way you have phrased your question, then dont forget the issue is the wider Renaissance and not just patronage. The fact there were other important influencing factors is another way to diminish the influence of patronage alone. Be sure to define what the renaissance was and the key measurements you are using for development.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're unlikely to find historians arguing specifically that patrons were NOT the most important cause of the Italian Renaissance; instead you need to look for historians arguing in favour of different causes e.g. the Crusades, the Black Death.

Because for a question "To what extent was Factor X responsible for Event Y", you can't only look at Factor X and the extent to which it was/wasn't to blame. You also need to examine Factors A, B and C, or your essay will not be nearly thorough enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (183)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.75%
Look for a job (16)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.39%
Take a year out (83)
17.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.86%

Watched Threads