The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS APPLICANTS 2019 entry

have people got any acknowledgement emails yet?
Original post by jessrigg
have people got any acknowledgement emails yet?

Yes, but it does take a while. I applied on 5/10 and got an acknowledgement 28/10. 3 of my other choices acknowledged within 24 hours and the other one after a week.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Yes, applied Oct 10 and received an offer on Nov 9
Original post by sunny-adri
Yes, applied Oct 10 and received an offer on Nov 9

Congratulations! What subject is the offer for?
Original post by MaturiTee
Congratulations! What subject is the offer for?

Thanks! Politics and Arabic, wbu?
Original post by sunny-adri
Thanks! Politics and Arabic, wbu?

I’ve applied for Politics and IR but am yet to hear.

Ok, good luck then! i got a conditional offer and have to achieve the highest grades possible in my school's leaving exam so we'll see
Hiya! I applied on 11th of November and just received offers yesterday to study International Relations and Japanese (AAA offer) and History and Japanese (AAB offer). Now to just decide which course I want to do! Also slightly sad no lowered grades for my EPQ but just glad I got my offers since Japanese is one of their most competitive courses there lol.

I got an offer for that! 37 with 666 HL IB
Original post by MartinaItal
I got an offer for that! 37 with 666 HL IB

Many congratulations! Let’s hope I hear soon! 🀞
Hey guys, I applied to Soas on 1st November and still haven’t got a reply, it’s the only uni I wanna go to, what do you think this means ?
Original post by MinaMDTY
Hey guys, I applied to Soas on 1st November and still haven’t got a reply, it’s the only uni I wanna go to, what do you think this means ?

Don't panic about it, I applied on the 18th of October and I haven't heard anything yet either. I had a letter of extenuating circumstances attached to my reference, so that might be why mine is taking longer, but also we've just had the Christmas break so the admissions officers were probably on leave. Whether they accept you or not, they're not allowed to ignore your application completely so try not to worry!
Original post by connor.beja
Don't panic about it, I applied on the 18th of October and I haven't heard anything yet either. I had a letter of extenuating circumstances attached to my reference, so that might be why mine is taking longer, but also we've just had the Christmas break so the admissions officers were probably on leave. Whether they accept you or not, they're not allowed to ignore your application completely so try not to worry!

Thank you for the reasurance!!! im still ready and waiting for a reply, i hope you get your offer, im rooting for you!!

Quick Reply

Latest