The Student Room Group

How to write faster for A Level History?

HI,

So I'm new to A Level History but, on AQA, the 25 mark question has 45 minutes. The perfect answer as provided by AQA has roughly 2300 words in, which I just find to be a extremely high expectation of students. I can only write 800 words in a 45 minute essay, and even then I have a hand cramp continuously after 5 minutes and it becomes barely legible.

So, are there any tips or tricks to triple your writing speed in an hour?

Thank you in advance!
For my essay A levels, I always took two paracetamol and two ibruprofen before the exam to numb the pain a bit...
Original post by theeetimdoherty
HI,

So I'm new to A Level History but, on AQA, the 25 mark question has 45 minutes. The perfect answer as provided by AQA has roughly 2300 words in, which I just find to be a extremely high expectation of students. I can only write 800 words in a 45 minute essay, and even then I have a hand cramp continuously after 5 minutes and it becomes barely legible.

Thank you in advance!

You can try a better pen and more practice but you are limited to what you can physically write.
There should be enough time.
800 words I think might be on the slow side. I cant remember.

Talk to your teacher and waffle less.
Original post by LeapingLucy
For my essay A levels, I always took two paracetamol and two ibruprofen before the exam to numb the pain a bit...

Wow... A little bit extreme to attempt to take weak painkillers prophylactically! That sounds a very TSR thing.

(Original post by theeetimdoherty)HI,

Thank you in advance!

The problem is that you are unaccustomed to doing extended handwriting, after two years of typing things. It's a very common problem. There is no real alternative than practice.

You can't triple your writing speed overnight, but you should be able to write faster than 800 words in 45 minutes.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest