The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Merton College Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Just got an interview for History & Spanish!! Very exciting - but time to figure out how to get to Oxford for four days!
Reply 21
Got an interview for French!!!
Original post by auolique
Got an interview for French!!!

Congratulations - and see you there!!
Reply 23
Original post by aaidanccross
Congratulations - and see you there!!

Looking forward to it!!
Reply 24
Got an English interview :smile:
Reply 25
Got an interview for French!

Congratulations, knew you would. 😊.
Been looking out for your result:-)
Reply 26
Original post by Hjc2019
Congratulations, knew you would. 😊.
Been looking out for your result:-)

When will you be in Oxford, I’m in from 5 to 8th x and thanks so much! The support on TSR this year has been incredible x
Reply 27
Hi,
I’m booked in 4th-6th but both interviews are on 5th have to be there for 8am o and not finished til 6ish so booked the nights too
Is anyone else getting to Merton the night before the interviews? My train gets in to Oxford at 21:40 and I am panicking about getting to the college so late!!
Reply 29
Is anyone else getting to Merton the night before the interviews? My train gets in to Oxford at 21:40 and I am panicking about getting to the college so late!!

I’m not getting in until about 9ish:-)
Original post by Hjc2019
I’m not getting in until about 9ish:-)

Ah, okay, thank you!!
Reply 31
Ah, okay, thank you!!

On the letter that they emailed from the JCR reps, they said that they can pick you up if you come late at night. I’d drop an email to the admissions office, I’m arriving at 3-4ish by train the day before. Where are you coming from???
On the letter that they emailed from the JCR reps, they said that they can pick you up if you come late at night. I’d drop an email to the admissions office, I’m arriving at 3-4ish by train the day before. Where are you coming from???

Oh, that's a good idea, thank you! I'm coming from just north of Manchester, how about you??
Reply 33
Oh, that's a good idea, thank you! I'm coming from just north of Manchester, how about you??

I’m from West Yorkshire - not too far away! I’m getting the train to Birmingham and then changing at Birmingham to get to Oxford. I thought trains from Manchester were quite regular to Oxford?
I’m from West Yorkshire - not too far away! I’m getting the train to Birmingham and then changing at Birmingham to get to Oxford. I thought trains from Manchester were quite regular to Oxford?

They are, haha, but since I'm already missing three days of sixth form I didn't want to miss another! At least I only have two changes - if I'd have gone from my station it would have been four but luckily I'm getting a lift in to Manchester!
Reply 35
They are, haha, but since I'm already missing three days of sixth form I didn't want to miss another! At least I only have two changes - if I'd have gone from my station it would have been four but luckily I'm getting a lift in to Manchester!

Yeah fair point, I’m getting a lift to Wakefield as I don’t want an extra train also!
Reply 36
Which nights are you there?
Original post by Hjc2019

I don't know if you mean me, haha, but I'm going to be there from 4th-8th so the nights of 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th!! How about you??
Reply 38
I don't know if you mean me, haha, but I'm going to be there from 4th-8th so the nights of 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th!! How about you??

Was asking in general. Im there nights if 4th & 5th
Reply 39
Original post by Hjc2019

5th, 6th and 7th x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending