The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer - October 2018 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gradjobhunter1
Maybe it’s different for each area?

Yeah I'm sure each area will have a different number of applicants for the same amount of vacancies and therefore can be more selective! I.e if there's 10 vacancies and 20 people scored 7s (maximum score) there wouldn't be a need to look at any lower scores for immediate interview.
I am still awaiting sift on feedback tab :-)
Reply 22
Anyone heard anything yet regarding passing the sift? I'm still waiting.
No I emailed them though and they have said the applications are still being sifted. John
Reply 24
Original post by Gradjobhunter1
No I emailed them though and they have said the applications are still being sifted. John

Spot on. That's great! So there's still hope! Haha
Reply 25
So will I be scored under the ‘sift feedback’ section of the feedback tab before I hear about an interview? Mine still says ‘awaiting sift feedback’. Scored 81 and 69 on the tests so I’m hopeful they take them into account to bump me up if I’ve let myself down in other areas!
Reply 26
Original post by Zeicho
So will I be scored under the ‘sift feedback’ section of the feedback tab before I hear about an interview? Mine still says ‘awaiting sift feedback’. Scored 81 and 69 on the tests so I’m hopeful they take them into account to bump me up if I’ve let myself down in other areas!

I think the score will go on under that 'feedback' tab at the same time your emailed about the outcome (successful or not). I.e they dont put your score on until they've sent the email.

To be honest from my experience with civil service applications they take an impartial approach to each aspect of the application process. Each part of the process is marked by separate individuals or teams and each stage is ranked in order to progress onto the next stage.

Mine's still staying 'awaiting sift feedback' too.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 27
i applied about 1 week ago and i got an offer to be interviewed next week.the interview takes place near Heathrow terminal 5 for me . i have no idea what the interview is going to be like so fingers crossed.
Original post by bakhan
i applied about 1 week ago and i got an offer to be interviewed next week.the interview takes place near Heathrow terminal 5 for me . i have no idea what the interview is going to be like so fingers crossed.

Congrats! What score did you get
My interview has been rescheduled for next Thursday at Heathrow too! So nervous
Reply 30
Original post by harjotdhami

Best of luck!
Reply 31
Good Luck everyone! I had my interview last week and received a provisional offer a couple of days later. I was surprised by how quick they got back to me. Waiting for the pre-employment checks to go through now.
Original post by waj95
Good Luck everyone! I had my interview last week and received a provisional offer a couple of days later. I was surprised by how quick they got back to me. Waiting for the pre-employment checks to go through now.

OMG!! Congrats! Any hints or tips for the interview? I'm really nervous!! Also which location did you apply for?
Good luck everyone
Original post by harjotdhami

Hi harjotdhami

How was your interview :smile:
My application is still 'waiting to be reviewed'
Past the tests. So watching and waiting for now.
Original post by Seniorita
Hi harjotdhami

How was your interview :smile:

Not had it yet
Reply 37
Original post by Katiemgc
My application is still 'waiting to be reviewed'
Past the tests. So watching and waiting for now.

Same, i've been waiting nearly 3 weeks now since I submit. I emailed them and was told they're still sifting and there's an order based on the location. He didn't state the order though unfortunately.
Hi how was the interview and do you remember what format it was in thanks
Reply 39
Hey, have you had your interview yet? I’ve applied and got my interview Wednesday! Just wondering if you had any tips or advice 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending