The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Sustainable development at Edinburgh

I was going to do a Geography Degree, but having a last minute change of heart, think I should be focusing on sustainable development.

Can anyone please:

1. Tell me a bit more about the course, what you've studied.

2. Also, if you have a place, what your predicted grades were. Mine are AAA, I've got a good reference and can write a fair bit about SD on my PS as well as some work experience. Any chance I could get in basically?

3. Do you think it's well run?

4. Any idea how many study SD?

Anything you can answer, would be great
Reply 1
I've decided to apply for sustainable development at Edinburgh as it looks like a good course and I can incorporate some geography into it. I'm still interested in any comments anyone has though.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I won't be much help as I don't study here yet, but I thought you might be interested to know I've already receieved an offer for ABB (predictions were A*AA) and my personal statement was mainly focused on food distribution and looking at that from different geographical and political perspectives (inequality, climate change, talked about volunteering at food bank and wider reading)
Reply 3
The stuff you've put in your PS sounds good, so it's not surprising you've got an offer - congrats. How long did they take to offer? Do you think you might accept or are you holding out for other offers?

I've now applied. My PS is mainly sustainability with a few lines about geography and work experience. I've applied for three sustainability courses, but trying to keep my options open in case of early rejects and then I guess I'll go back to option 1 and do geography.
I got the offer about 1-2 weeks after sending off my application. I think it might be my insurance, but I’ve also applied for sustainable development at St Andrews and Warwick (with philosophy), then Liberal Arts at Birmingham and Social Sciences at Durham. In the end I just focused it all on sustainablity, then did a substitute statement for Durham, Warwick request a second one anyway, then Birmingham ask for an admissions essay. I don’t really have a top choice as I like them all - I’ll just see where I get offers and go with my gut for my firm, but Edinburgh is the lowest grade requirement so I really want that security as I don’t think I’ll get my predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending