The Student Room Group

Uncertainty

I have recently applied to university and have received 3 of 5 offers back quite quickly. The 2 offers I am still waiting for I would consider to be my ‘dream universities’, however the universities I have been offered to are all quite equal in my eyes. I would like to know more about student satisfaction, living accommodation, societies, and any additional information in regards to the following universities: Newcastle, Nottingham and Loughborough. Newcastle would be most useful as I have received an unconditional there. All inputs are welcome but I would most appreciate those of current students (more specifically computer science students (still feel free to comment if otherwise)) and those who have chosen the same universities (more specifically my course (still feel free to comment otherwise)). The two universities I am waiting to here from are Oxford and St Andrews so comments about these are welcome too. Thanks.
Original post by Chris1882
I have recently applied to university and have received 3 of 5 offers back quite quickly. The 2 offers I am still waiting for I would consider to be my ‘dream universities’, however the universities I have been offered to are all quite equal in my eyes. I would like to know more about student satisfaction, living accommodation, societies, and any additional information in regards to the following universities: Newcastle, Nottingham and Loughborough. Newcastle would be most useful as I have received an unconditional there. All inputs are welcome but I would most appreciate those of current students (more specifically computer science students (still feel free to comment if otherwise)) and those who have chosen the same universities (more specifically my course (still feel free to comment otherwise)). The two universities I am waiting to here from are Oxford and St Andrews so comments about these are welcome too. Thanks.

Would it be possible to do some research? Maybe you could look round the website and see if they have sub forums for those unis?
Maybe you could contact the computer society for that particular uni and get their opinions on what the course is like or even go to an open day?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Would it be possible to do some research? Maybe you could look round the website and see if they have sub forums for those unis?
Maybe you could contact the computer society for that particular uni and get their opinions on what the course is like or even go to an open day?

I plan on attending an open day at Newcastle at the beginning of January however being from London it’s quite a long way, I have done a lot of research on these universities but really wanted to hear from students at them or students applying there to get their opinions on how they would rank them.
Original post by Chris1882
I plan on attending an open day at Newcastle at the beginning of January however being from London it’s quite a long way, I have done a lot of research on these universities but really wanted to hear from students at them or students applying there to get their opinions on how they would rank them.

Hence what I suggested.
Book yourself onto an applicant day for those universities. Applicant days will give you a real insight as to what university life is like at those campuses plus you get to talk to students face-to-face to get the low-down on course quality etc. I’d suggest also looking at the level of investment your chosen universities put back into their facilities and education. I can’t speak for your choices, however you will, at times, find yourself wondering where the money is actually going with some universities so be cautious there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending