The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Formula One Season Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew97
There’s also the slight issue than Asian F3 doesn’t offer any points, it doesn’t meet circuit variety criteria

forgot about that :lol:

but still, its interesting to see how he stacks up against the competition
Haas will reveal their livery on Thursday.

Ps, now then heck do we have this thing a 10 pages.
Haas will reveal their livery on Thursday.

Ps, now then heck do we have this thing a 10 pages.

magic :biggrin:
did anyone see barthurst 12 hours ? twas streaming on nismo, motorsport and their own youtube channel.
Red Bull will launch their car Wednesday week.

beat me to it :|

in RB related news, its confirmed Hartley will be a ferrari Sim / dev driver (joining Wehrlein (who is expected to replace Giovanazzi in WEC, as well as driving for Mahindra in FE), Antonio Fuoco (who is no longer a ferrari academy driver) and Davide Rigon).
More Red Bull related news. They have added a new sponsor called Futorocoin. So we have one team being sponsored by somebody with no actual money, and another by somebody that nobody has seen a psycial product from.

In other news Mercedes have been teasing us implying that their car could be black. Take a look at their twitter.
Hmm... I like the colour scheme on that Haas but could do with a bit more gold.
Looks nicer on the team's released pictures than it does on a normal photo. But definitely better than the previous Haas colour scheme.
seems I was right about the haas colour scheme but massively wrong about merc's colour scheme (great job @JaredzzC for picking up on the merc scheme and @Andrew97 for verifying it via Moto GP- personally I think it is more of a camoflague before melbourne but wouldnt be surprised to see them keep it for the season).

back to the Haas - people cant say the VF19 is a year old ferrari :lol:
Original post by Dysf(x)al
Hmm... I like the colour scheme on that Haas but could do with a bit more gold.

the Haas name should be in gold imo
Original post by Neilos
Looks nicer on the team's released pictures than it does on a normal photo. But definitely better than the previous Haas colour scheme.

that is because the normal photos are of the 2018 car (with 2019 FW) whereas the renders are the 2019 car.

more images of the VF19. it seems the rear end is a lot tighter (possibly better cooling of the new Ferrari PU) but the sidepod inlets are similar to their 2017 inlets (slightly smaller but not to the extent of RB or Ferrari last year)
(edited 5 years ago)
even though it is early days, the 2019 regs should make the cars look prettier (2019 front wing is nice and elegant vs the overly complex 2018 fronts). tis a shame not many other teams have adopted a mercedes like nose / there isnt a reg to eliminate boxy nose structures with a thumb sticking out (at least it isnt as bad as the 2014 penis noses)
(edited 5 years ago)

tis funny that both merc and RB are launching their cars on the same day in silverstone :| (apparently ferrari and alfa may be doing a joint test at fiorano...if it doesnt snow there)
Williams have finally confirmed that they will unveil the FW-42 on Monday 11th February.

So, the official launch schedule is as follows:

Haas VF-19 Thursday 7th February
Williams FW-42 Monday 11th February
Torro Rosso STR14 Monday 11th February
Renault R.S.19 Tuesday 12th February
Red Bull RB15 Wednesday 13th February
Mercedes W10 Wednesday 13th February
Racing Point Wednesday 13th February
Mclaren MCL34 Thursday 14th February
Ferrari 670 (likely SF90H or SF72H) Friday 15th February
Alfa Romeo Monday 18th February
Original post by quasa
the Haas name should be in gold imo

Yeah I think I'd have to agree. It doesn't really stand out all that well in grey.
Original post by Dysf(x)al
Yeah I think I'd have to agree. It doesn't really stand out all that well in grey.

i understand the reasoning for the grey (tis Haas' company colour) but agree that that it doesnt stand out
rumours from a (somewhat unrealible) source in Italy suggest that Ferrari is going for darker shade of red BUT...it will apparently be matte red (so essentially copying RBs stealth pain approach)

Quick Reply

Latest