EmRep13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay, so the title might be a liiiiitle misleading but oh well.

I know I want to do chemistry, psychology and maths as a levels - but I'm completely thrown as to whether I should do Business (or Economics) as a third.
I have no idea what I want to do at Uni and I just want to keep my options as wide open as possible. I love doing business as a GCSE and I feel if I miss out on it as an A-Level I'll be beating myself up later My business teacher told me I could definitely be able to manage it as a 4th, but I'm unsure if the workload would just be too much and if it'll impact my other a-levels too much? I definitlely want to consider something business/management related in uni but i don't want to drop any of my other a levels for it instead... also the analytical skills involved aren't as prominent in my other subjects so does that bring me down... HELP?!
Last edited by EmRep13; 2 years ago
gluttonyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'd suggest you go for it as its something you're good at & enjoy so why not.. just try it out. if one of the 4 options e.g chemistry won't work out you'll know and can drop that. in the end you won't have any regrets 'damn i shouldve chosen it when i had the chance' or if you find you dont enjoy any of the other subjects.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have heard that business A level is quite easy and not much different from GCSE but idk.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmRep13)
Okay, so the title might be a liiiiitle misleading but oh well.

I know I want to do chemistry, psychology and maths as a levels - but I'm completely thrown as to whether I should do Business (or Economics) as a third.
I have no idea what I want to do at Uni and I just want to keep my options as wide open as possible. I love doing business as a GCSE and I feel if I miss out on it as an A-Level I'll be beating myself up later My business teacher told me I could definitely be able to manage it as a 4th, but I'm unsure if the workload would just be too much and if it'll impact my other a-levels too much? I definitlely want to consider something business/management related in uni but i don't want to drop any of my other a levels for it instead... also the analytical skills involved aren't as prominent in my other subjects so does that bring me down... HELP?!
Business is not a particularly respected A level. do Chemistry, Maths and Economics as your 3..
EmRep13
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
Business is not a particularly respected A level. do Chemistry, Maths and Economics as your 3..
I've been told that but I don't want to drop psychology at all and economics seems a bit dull and long winded to me in comparison to business - plus it's harder?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmRep13)
I've been told that but I don't want to drop psychology at all and economics seems a bit dull and long winded to me in comparison to business - plus it's harder?
...economics dull but psychology isn't? go and skim through the textbooks for both subjects. both will be harder than business but easier than maths, which in turn will be easier than the ghastly chemistry a level.
EmRep13
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
...economics dull but psychology isn't? go and skim through the textbooks for both subjects. both will be harder than business but easier than maths, which in turn will be easier than the ghastly chemistry a level.
Yikes:laugh: I don't know, everything surrounding economics bores me more than it intrigues me but psychology just piques my interest. Chemistry and maths is basically signing a death warrant but they appeal to me. It's literally a fight between logic and heart which is bleugh
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
would just advise you to take it and drop the one you like least within the first month or so. wish i'd taken four to start with and then dropped one instead of just taking three tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
22.22%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (7)
38.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
11.11%

Watched Threads