KCL vs Manchester vs Edinburgh vs Leeds (Economics)

Watch
yourGfin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,
Had my Oxford TSA a few days ago. It went okay but in case all goes to **** (which is likely considering the 7% acceptance rate),

Q1) How do these unis rank for investment banking?

Leeds - Economics and Management
Edinburgh - Business and Economics
Manchester - Economics (BSc)
King’s College London - Economics and Management

All being considered, I don’t even know if I want to go into IB, it’s just a possible career path. However, the rankings for unis viewed by IB seem to correlate with those in high paying positions (regardless of career path) anyway, so, it would be useful to know how they’re viewed.

Q2) With regards to semi-targets: ie KCL vs Edinburgh vs Manchester vs Durham (for example) is there any difference when applying?

Q3) How is the general prestige for King’s vs Edinburgh?

Q4) If I did a postgrad degree from a more targeted uni (thinking LSE / UCL) would this negate my worries for semi-target uni?

Q5) How easy is it to change course at these places? I possibly intend to convert to Law later on but, entirely theoretically, if I were to hate the change to degree based economics (unlikely) would it be easy to convert to the law course at any of these unis? Is it easy to transfer courses to different unis?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
much of a muchness. the reason Manchester is the #1 target uni is because it has the largest number of students, something like 40,000 so has the biggest pool of talent for employers to choose from. best to do some maths to find a way of working out how 'targeted' a uni is in proportion to student body size. but then you must have to ask being targeted by whom. so stop worrying
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Q.s 1-3: You can locate the answers elsewhere online.
Q.4: No.
Q.5: Not possible to say. Too many unknown variables.
Mariogunder
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
KCL is much better than the other unis. I would go for KCL if you can afford London, and Edinburgh as an alternative (in terms of prestige).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (922)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (409)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.41%

Watched Threads