The Student Room Group

ODP interview for edge hill 7/11/18

Hi,

Anyone have any advice they can give as I have my first uni interview on Wednesday for what I see as my first choice!

Thanks

Arron
Original post by ArronRoscoe
Hi,

Anyone have any advice they can give as I have my first uni interview on Wednesday for what I see as my first choice!

Thanks

Arron

Hi Arron, hope you're well!

First of all, congratulations on getting an interview. It's your opportunity to not just tell us why you want to study here, but also to show us who you are.

Here's a few tips from us:

-Think about anything you've previously done that's linked to Operating Department Practice. For example, what have you done in your previous studies to prepare you for this course? Was there anything in particular you excelled at, or anything you enjoyed?

-Be aware of any current developments or topics surrounding ODP. We want to know that you're actively aware of this sector. If you can use this to support your answers or show your interest (i.e. "I recently read an article in Nursing Times about..."), it tells us you're passionate about your studies.

-Not everything you'll talk about needs to be ODP related. For example, do you have anything that demonstrates how you can work with other people, or how you can adapt to new situations? As well as your interest in ODP, we want to know who you are as a person.

-Is there anything you want to know? Your interview is also your chance to learn more about the course, or about Edge Hill. You should get a chance to ask questions at the end, so make the most of this.

-We know interviews can be nerve-wracking, but our aim is to get to know you. Be confident and honest in your answers.

Good luck with your interview! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest