suziez14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have completed my foundation year and passed. My first year I failed one module with retake of that module added onto second year.

The start of my second year has been a complete disaster as my Daughter getting sick meant that I have missed 6 weeks of lectures. I am unable to understand the work and my course leader will not let me continue - recommending that I defer. I just do not want to wait a whole year just to do 6 weeks of work.

I wanted to restart the whole thing again from foundation as I want to study a different subject.

I have had 2 years of student finance - how many more years would they help me with to do the 4 years over again?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by suziez14)
I have completed my foundation year and passed. My first year I failed one module with retake of that module added onto second year.

The start of my second year has been a complete disaster as my Daughter getting sick meant that I have missed 6 weeks of lectures. I am unable to understand the work and my course leader will not let me continue - recommending that I defer. I just do not want to wait a whole year just to do 6 weeks of work.

I wanted to restart the whole thing again from foundation as I want to study a different subject.

I have had 2 years of student finance - how many more years would they help me with to do the 4 years over again?
Generally it would be 2 years, you could provide proof of your daughters illness to apply for compelling personal reasons for more funding but it's on a case by case basis.
suziez14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Generally it would be 2 years, you could provide proof of your daughters illness to apply for compelling personal reasons for more funding but it's on a case by case basis.
Ok I will do that. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (2)
18.18%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
36.36%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (5)
45.45%

Watched Threads