The Student Room Group
What level are you at gcses, a levels?
How did you revise
what subjects do you do
kinda need more info
Original post by toitnups
I'm predicted B grades so this isn't good. I revised more than I ever have and I still managed to get worse than when I don't revise. Any advice would be appreciated guys :frown:

maybe change the way you revise?? And were they difficult papers?
What do you think went wrong? If there are things you don't understand go talk to your teachers about them. Don't stress out too much; you have a lot of time till
June. You're lucky to have discovered your weaknesses this early on.
Original post by steveeem
What level are you at gcses, a levels?
How did you revise
what subjects do you do
kinda need more info

Im at GCSE level. I revised with tassomai for biology, chemistry and physics and for my other subjects I created flashcards. I do english, maths, triple science, art, history and psychology.
Original post by kayapatelx
maybe change the way you revise?? And were they difficult papers?

They were awful. Literally half of the paper was things we never covered in class or in the revision guides for biology.
Original post by andreasz
What do you think went wrong? If there are things you don't understand go talk to your teachers about them. Don't stress out too much; you have a lot of time till
June. You're lucky to have discovered your weaknesses this early on.

I guess it's better sooner than later. I've created some RAG resources so I can go through them when revising so fingers crossed it helps.
They were awful. Literally half of the paper was things we never covered in class or in the revision guides for biology.

Make sure you do lots of past papers. Application questions are common and the only way to get them right is to have practiced a lot of them.
If you never covered half the paper then how would you expect to pass the papers? Isn't a C 60% or something?

I would say start revising by doing past papers - that's the only way you'll cover everything during revision even if you don't get taught it. It's one thing to know everything you possibly could and another to get he exam technique right. Often questions come up more than once in different years so it's deffo worth having a go!

And in this way, if you do get stuck - you can always go to your teachers and ask them about it, they won't say no!! Trust me, I spent most of Y11 bugging my teachers about things I didn't get during revision and it deffo made things much better! Thats what they're there for!! xxx
Original post by Guarddyyy
If you never covered half the paper then how would you expect to pass the papers? Isn't a C 60% or something?

53/200 is a grade 4 according to grade boundaries, so like 25% give or take.
Original post by kayapatelx
I would say start revising by doing past papers - that's the only way you'll cover everything during revision even if you don't get taught it. It's one thing to know everything you possibly could and another to get he exam technique right. Often questions come up more than once in different years so it's deffo worth having a go!

And in this way, if you do get stuck - you can always go to your teachers and ask them about it, they won't say no!! Trust me, I spent most of Y11 bugging my teachers about things I didn't get during revision and it deffo made things much better! Thats what they're there for!! xxx

Ok, now I feel slightly better about harassing them. :biggrin:

Last year 60% was a grade 9 - the top grade. So grade boundaries were awfully low
Original post by 3pointonefour
Last year 60% was a grade 9 - the top grade. So grade boundaries were awfully low

That says a lot then...

@toitnups Don't stress about it and just keep practicing.
That says a lot then...

@toitnups Don't stress about it and just keep practicing.

Thanks
How did you do??
Do you feel comfortable with all the content? Or is it exam technique? I’m at GCSE level too. So perhaps I might be able to help?

Latest