The Student Room Group

I just broke up with my boyfriend. What just happened

So he knows we wouldn't have worked out so we're totally done. That was awful, I really hate breaking up with someone I care a lot for, I'm just really messed up rn. Idk anymore. can't really care anymore. I think I'm gonna be sick.
Original post by LennieBennie
So he knows we wouldn't have worked out so we're totally done. That was awful, I really hate breaking up with someone I care a lot for, I'm just really messed up rn. Idk anymore. can't really care anymore. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Don’t feel bad. There’s a reason why you broke up with him. Whatever the reason, it’s behind you now. You shouldn’t blame yourself. You should strive to do better. Find someone who cares for you and you’ll love. That’s how you feel loved again.
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same awful sick feeling when someone who I really loved and cared for suddenly wanted to break up with me. I am not going to lie, it will feel completely devasting for the first couple of weeks. But now I just look back and feel nothing. How I personally got over it was surrounding myself with friends and family who really looked out and cared for me, I distracted myself with activities I enjoy with people I love and eventually I regained my happiness. I realised I didn't need that person in my life, and like you, we wouldn't have worked out in the long term. IIt's better to end it now than waste your time with someone who you know it isnt 'meant to be'. So yeah, good luck and I hope you feel better soon - we all go through awful break-ups but it always gets better in the end.
Original post by Anonymous
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same awful sick feeling when someone who I really loved and cared for suddenly wanted to break up with me. I am not going to lie, it will feel completely devasting for the first couple of weeks. But now I just look back and feel nothing. How I personally got over it was surrounding myself with friends and family who really looked out and cared for me, I distracted myself with activities I enjoy with people I love and eventually I regained my happiness. I realised I didn't need that person in my life, and like you, we wouldn't have worked out in the long term. IIt's better to end it now than waste your time with someone who you know it isnt 'meant to be'. So yeah, good luck and I hope you feel better soon - we all go through awful break-ups but it always gets better in the end.

I wish I had the supportive family to back me up here. But I don't really have anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending