The Student Room Group

Changing Btecs

I started college in september and I am studying Btec level 3 media thinking I want to go uni and study media but I realised it too late because I want study business and go uni and study business studies.

At the moment I am doing well in Btec level 3 media getting D* however next September I want to go sixth form in year 13 and study Business and go of to uni with my year group.

Will I still be able to study Btec media for 1 year at college and go off to sixth form 2nd year study
Btec level 3 business for 1 year and go to uni?
Original post by Cabz1
I started college in september and I am studying Btec level 3 media thinking I want to go uni and study media but I realised it too late because I want study business and go uni and study business studies.

At the moment I am doing well in Btec level 3 media getting D* however next September I want to go sixth form in year 13 and study Business and go of to uni with my year group.

Will I still be able to study Btec media for 1 year at college and go off to sixth form 2nd year study

You can study media for 1 year as just the diploma but you should let your college know.
Whether you can join 6th form in year 13 depends on the sixth form and also the qualification you are wanting to study. It wont be an A level as they take 2 years.
If you are intent on joining sixth form and changing qualification then it looks quite difficult. More likely is you would have to do a year 14 to finish A levels.

Perhaps you could ask college if you can do a BTEC in business?? See if your BTECs add up to 3 A level equivalents. The sixth form may not offer BTECs so check.

Your plan needs checking out and that means talking to the school and college to check they think its possible or it could end in a big mess for you.
Original post by Cabz1

I currently study Btec business, there were still people joining our course until around Christmas, so depending on your college it may not be too late to change. If you want to study business at uni, you would be best off getting the extended diploma. If you get 2 90 credit Btecs (ie first year) then you will likely only get into unis that use Ucas points. Without a foundation year you may have to get d*d* in both of these.
At most you may only have to catch up on about 4 or 5 assignments, going for the extended diploma (2 year) will allow you to basically get into any uni if you have the grades to do so.

Yes you could technically go to uni with two sets of 90 credit btecs but it will significantly limit the ones you can apply to.
i also want to change btec because atm im studying level 3 btec media at college want i want to change to another course for btec level 3 and do a new course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending