Journey to A*A*A* (GYG) Watch

fiorucci
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hii I'm geximini and I'm starting a GYG blog to try and help me commit to (hopefully) achieving 3 A*s this year in May/June

Background info (results are hidden as spoilers)

GCSEs:

My GCSEs are not as strong as I would like, since I'm applying to Oxford, but during this time I did very VERY little revision (I'm talking like an hour or two the night before the exam) as I assumed I would end up with a career in music where GCSEs would be irrelevant. So either way, I'm very proud of these grades considering the preparation I did for them.

Spoiler:
Show

English language: 9
English literature: 8
Maths: 7
Religious studies: A*
Geography: A*
Art: A
Core science: A
Additional science: A
Further science: A
German: B
Computing: Distinction

A-levels
I'm taking psychology, philosophy and sociology predicted A*A*A
Spoiler:
Show

Results of Summer 2018 mock exams (since AS levels don't exist anymore):
Philosophy: A*
Sociology: A*
Psychology: A

With the questions covered, A was the highest grade I could have achieved in psych but I definitely didn't get a comfortable A even with that so I'm definitely aiming to push up my psych

University choices

I've applied for philosophy (either pure or joint with psychology at Oxford). Here are the choices and the entry requirements for the courses I've applied to:

Spoiler:
Show

University of Oxford
Psychology and philosophy (PPL)
A*AA

University of Edinburgh
Philosophy
AAA

University of Leeds
Philosophy
AAB

University of Manchester
Philosophy
ABB

Manchester Metropolitan University (backup choice just in case)
Philosophy
BBB

My personal goal is to finally achieve three A*s and the end of all this and I hope you guys enjoy my journey
fiorucci
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Also forgot to mention that I know I'm obviously predicted quite high grades but whether I'm actually going to achieve them is a whole other thing. As you can tell from my GCSEs that I am pretty bad at revising and this whole revision thing is still quite new to me. Most of my techniques involve literally reading over notes and making a few essay plans here and there, so hopefully this will be a thread documenting my journey of revision to finally be able to achieve my goal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed